This is the Message Centre for Milla, h2g2 Operations

Milla is late for the Sixes

Post 1

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I should know what Sixes are, shouldn't I?
But I missed out on my journal.

Yesterday was really nice. Saturday night, we had guests, ate goose until we were big as pigs, and had a very good time. So we slept in and had a very slow morning.

Yesterday, we had brunch, with two students who are daughters of my very good friends in Uppsala. Great time too. My daughter came late for brunch - she had stayed over with a friend, and the mother was very ditzy in the morning and didn't get going, really... We had french toast, tea, coffee, and leftover fruit pie from last night's dessert. smiley - drool

Later, I worked a lot on my patchwork quilt. I'm finally actually quilting the thing. It's queen size, and all hand pieced and hand quilted. I'm proud, but it it's going on 18 years in the making smiley - rofl

smiley - towel

Post 2

Vip

That'll be a huge achievement when you complete it, Milla. smiley - bubbly

smiley - fairy

Post 3

You can call me TC

Ooh - can we see a photo please when it's finished?

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

There are some Work In Progress photos on facebook, welcome to look!

smiley - towel

Post 5

van-smeiter

I love the phrase "big as pigs" smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Milla, h2g2 Operations

van! Long time no see, how the smiley - bleep are you?

smiley - towel

Post 7

van-smeiter

You know me, Milla, fumbling my way through life as always. Still unlucky in love but otherwise v happy smiley - smiley Been away from the site for ages because of all that redesign business and obviously the transfer away from the beeb.

You seem settled and content which is very pleasing to hear.
Big smiley - hug from Van

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Yeah, life really turned around and got good. I am glad you sound happy too.

It's like some soppy romantic movie, where the distraught smiley - heroine whispers to the smiley - galaxy about wanting a good man, and the smiley - galaxy happened to listen and provide just that.

He's helped me find my feet, and he's a calming influence on my children, and... I'll stop now. smiley - blush

smiley - towel

Post 9

van-smeiter

No need to stop Milla.

You can carry on forever and I'll smiley - smiley then smiley - biggrin and then listening to you.

smiley - magicsmiley - kiss

Post 10

Milla, h2g2 Operations

... and he cooks smiley - chef

Right now, a soup is simmering, with turkey leftovers and lots of yummy vegetables.

smiley - towel

Post 11

van-smeiter

I expect it was yummed up long before this reply smiley - smiley Sounds like you've found the ideal man. You'd better be careful cos I may stop chasing women and try to catch him smiley - winkeye

Your post gave me an idea for a Christmas present and I just went to another internet site, ordered it and it should arrive in time. Think my sister will enjoy the comedy series "Love Soup". I think it's excellent and series 1 cost £2 including delivery! Hope she likes it as much as I think she will smiley - erm

Guess I should give equal thanks to your man for the soup and to you for the smiley - love

Van smiley - hug

Post 12

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I have no clue what "Love Soup" is - will google in a minute.

I quite enjoy these conversations, where there are days between posts. I find it very calming, and there is enough speed in my life as it is.

(just remembered another thing, need to check buses to town... hang on... ...OK, I need to go in ten minutes.)

And I need to figure out one more X-mas gift for my son. Nothing expensive, but fun. Hmmm what could a 13 year old boy want, that isn't electronic, and isn't expensive. Beats me.

smiley - towel

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Milla, h2g2 Operations

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more