This is the Message Centre for Milla, h2g2 Operations

Milla November the other

Post 1

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Today was good.

Work was spent with industrious focus. I finished the test reference checking, and the supplier will not be happy - errors in way too many places. Actually, the supplier is already unhappy, because they signed a fixed price contract, and then the basis of the contract has changed.

And their project manager called, because I and another colleague find the documentation poor, and they've spent far more hours already, than they are paid for. Poor kid just needed to vent I suppose, but either you stick to the fix price agreement, bite the bullet and deliver, or you re-negotiate. But not with me. I just pick at the documentation until it's good enough for scrutiny by authorities.

I stood my ground, I did not pick up the issue, or try to solve it, or back down to "poor you, of course we'll let the documents through in their poor condition, since you are now working without payment". That is *not* my problem. I understand the frustration, I feel a bit sorry, but I will not solve it.

On Friday, I will look at what I found again, and see if the customers test scope will have to change or not.

In other news, kid 2 is again at Sweeney Todd rehearsal. Am expecting to pick him up at 11 pm.

Kid 1 is singing at a little concert at the University, for "some important people", not sure who.

My darling man is here, we had artichokes for dinner, and he has set another dough for bread. Another morning with fresh baked lovely bread to come smiley - smiley

Life is good.

smiley - towel

Milla November the other

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Some people need to learn from their mistakes - in fact, we all do.

Glad to hear life is good!smiley - hug

Milla November the other

Post 3

Beatrice

Mmmmm fresh baked bread! wonderful

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Milla, h2g2 Operations

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more