A Conversation for Forthcoming h2g2 Community Events

North of England

Post 1

Doltaghey House

Are there enough researchers in the north of England for a "slouch" here? Everything listed seems to be very London-centric.

North of England

Post 2

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Left or right of the Pennines?

North of England

Post 3

Doltaghey House

Left... I'm in Manchester.

North of England

Post 4

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

So am I, whereabouts are you, I'm in Worsley

North of England

Post 5

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*waves a flag for Northerners*
Yey! Demand a meet-up here in the north!!!

Do you reckon we could start a list of people who want a meet-up in the north? I'm sure there'd be a few, after all everywheres less expensive smiley - smiley

North of England

Post 6

Hey Tink, I didn't realise you wore flat cap, muffler & whippet as well!!!! Let's get something together is there a page we can post to?

North of England

Post 7

Hey Tink, I didn't realise you wore flat cap, muffler & whippet as well!!!! Let's get something together is there a page we can post to?

North of England

Post 8

Doltaghey House

I'm t' other side. When I say "Stockport" everyone thinks I must be posh but I'm in one of the scummy parts of Stockport. smiley - smiley

North of England

Post 9

Same with me & Worsley. Perhaps we could arrange something in Manchester? Given enough time we could save up for taxis home!!!!!

North of England

Post 10

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Well I gave up the flat cap a few years ago but other than that smiley - winkeye

*looks at the forum list*
Looks like they've settled on London though?

North of England

Post 11

PeZ

The north of England is cool. I live in Ormskirk, near Southport, (near Liverpool - but I don't like to say that much). The NW is cool.

North of England

Post 12

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Abi said she had a great idea for a meet-up but as yet nothings settled I don't think so maybe we could still get the meet-up dragged up north ?

North of England

Post 13

What's to stop us having our own?

North of England

Post 14

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Umm...so far there are only 4 of us?

North of England

Post 15

We could advertise & see how much interest there'd be in a Northern meet.

North of England

Post 16

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Yes! Good plan... how do we get a thread number so we can advertise after our names like they did for the Scottish meet-up? You know the (Vote for a northern meet-up at ......) thing?

North of England

Post 17

I've set something up on http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A535907 . Now I'm popping over to Abi's page to ask her to include it in her activities. If you think there's anything to add to the page, let me know & I'll edit it.

luv

GW

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more