A Conversation for h2g2's Christmas Community Social

Meetup suggestions part 2

Post 121

NexusSeven

Isn't he a world-class showjumper? smiley - winkeye

Post 122

Niz (soon to be gone)

I think so...but he's also a famous singer who used to whistle alot (Did a duet with Des O Connor about the Isle of Skye). I don't think it's the same bloke though. Interesting idea though, a whistling showjumper!!

Post 123

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Wouldn't the whistling confuse the horse?

Post 124

Niz (soon to be gone)

It would be a deaf horse....obviouslysmiley - bigeyes

Post 125

Of course, how stupid of me. smiley - smiley

Post 126

Abi

actually when you said showjumper I thought you meant the horse itself (the problem of having a horsetracked mind).

I have known several horses who could whistle.

Post 127

So Roger Whittaker is a horse? Blimey, there's a turn up for the books.

Post 128

MaW

Sounds interesting... I like to sing, but I can't do it very well. Especially not at the moment - I'm having trouble talking. Hopefully it'll heal before next week (I have other things to do besides the meet-up, you know). Anyway, I can provide the bass. I think I've dropped another octave...

Post 129

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Well, I came here looking for information about the next British meet...must have got the wrong thread...smiley - smiley

Post 130

MaW

No, this is where we discuss all the niggling little details, like if the beer will be free (I think the answer to that is no). The info's in there somewhere... I'm sure when the details are finalised that they'll be posted in an article by Abi or Peta, who are both so wonderful...

Post 131

Abi

Hopefully we will be able to get h2g2 to buy some if not most of the beer. No promises. I will update the page on Monday with all the details.

I just need to know rough details for the iceskating

Post 132

MaW

Really? Oh, that's great. Not that I like beer very much, but cola's great. Lots of caffeine...

* evil grin *

We really need an evil grin smiley, I think. I should go find somewhere else to post that suggestion, probably.

Ooh I'm getting all excited... knowing my luck I'll break my ankle the day before...

Post 133

Olli

you wouldn't let a little thing like that stop you coming would you? smiley - winkeye

Post 134

MaW

Might. Depends if I'm still hanging around in A&E when the train goes.

Post 135

Bluebottle

As for ice-skating, does "Falling flat on face on ice until someone comes along and slices his hand off with the ice-skate blades" count?

Post 136

Is this the page that is going to be updated?
I ~really~ need to know the exact date of the meeting as I have advance arrangements to make for the care of my son...{also, train tickets bought in advance are a ~lot~ cheaper}smiley - bigeyes

Post 137

It's on November 25th, GB... *notes that flying from Edinburgh to London is cheaper than going by train*

Post 138

Thanks EV, someone told me the wrong date & I have been passing on the wrong info.
*sigh*
Erm, what makes you think I'd be travelling from Edinburgh, EV, or were you just thinking out loud?smiley - winkeye

Post 139

Fashion Cat

EV how much cheaper did you get the flights? only i always take the train on the thought that surely it would be cheaper...

Post 140

Demon Drawer

This from the woman who's be paying £25 for rtn tickets to and from Northern Ireland. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post