A Conversation for H2G2 Astronomy Society Home Page

H2G2 A/S. Under New Management

Post 1

Deek

Hi There,

If you are still subscribed to the H2G2 Astronomy Society home page, this is just a note to let you know that it is ‘Under New Management’.

As a member of long standing you’ll probably be aware that the Society’s pages could do with a bit of updating, and that’s what I’m attempting at the moment. The original Home Page A413876 is still there with its links to the other society pages, but all are under review at the moment. So if you have any suggestions that you think may be worth including I would be interested to hear them.

If so, please post your suggestions or comments here and I’ll do my best to include them.

Clear skies
Deke

Post 2

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

Hi Deke

I'm still subscribed to the thread but have not visited for some time (years probably) for one reason or another.

I will root around the old society pages and let you know my thoughts.

Did you know btw that there was also a Yahoo Group for the H2G2 AS at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/h2g2as/ ?

turvy

Post 3

Deek

Well... wow!
Hi there Turvy, It's great to see you around. smiley - cheers Most of the old members have lapsed I think so I'm trying to get an idea of how many there might still be checking in from time to time.

As you might see I'm trying to regenerate the h2 A/S. The pages are not yet really sorted yet but I'd be happy with any input you might have.

I was in the Yahoo group, but lost membership somehow a long time ago. I'm not seeking to resurrect that side of things as I think there's enough space on h2 to accommodate any discussion. From my point of view it would just serve to dilute the efforts on h2 and I wouldn't be able to handle that as well.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Deke

Post 4

Metal Chicken

I'm still around too, although more of a smiley - lurk than a regular contributor. I was in the Yahoo group too but haven't thought about that for years. When I get chance, I'll have a look at the pages and pass on some thoughts.
Well done for resurrecting this though smiley - ok

MC

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I subscribed when you announced you were taking over. Thanks for volunteering for this prestigious post.smiley - ok

Since the constellation project is now complete, you'll have to change that page. Can you include links to some of the other star-related entries in the Guide somewhere else on the pages?

Post 6

Deek

Hi MC. It's good to hear from you again.smiley - ok

I'll welcome any suggestions and incorpoate what I can. I won't be doing anything with the Yahoo group though as I think there's enough scope within H2 for all practical purposes. Apart from that I somehow lost my membership of it when Yahoo had one of its regular reorganisations. Nick wasn't about to put it right.

Anyway I'll look forward to any comments you have.

All the best
Deke

Post 7

Deek

Hi Gnomon smiley - biggrin

Thanks for your confidence. Really I procrastinated too long before taking the plunge with this enterprise. There's still a lot to do.

I have cribbed your header of the constellations pages as a reference and am going to write a short history of the project to include those Researchers that contributed.

Right at the moment I'm writing up a short intro to a new page solely for Moonwatching. Still working on that though.

There is also a links page A643637 which I have to check the links are still good. I will be adding H2 articles in there at the top.

Deke

Post 8

Megan - another transient astronomer

Well hello again! It's been a while since I've been back to h2g2 at all, never mind here, glad to see things are happening! Must make an effort to finish off a few projects.... smiley - smiley

Post 9

Deek

Hi there Megansmiley - smiley
It's good to hear from you. Welcome backsmiley - ok

As you might see I'm trying to update the old A/S pages. Any suggestions you might have for improvement that I could include, would be welcome.

Anyway, I hope to see you around the A/S pages again.

Deke

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more