A Conversation for Driving Etiquette - New Zealand

No Subject

Post 1

Researcher 192629

As a kiwi, I'm appalled by the insensitivity of posters to this thread.

If you don't like driving here, go and drive somewhere bloody-else.
Here, we like to get as p**sed as parrots and get out and put the foot down.
(unlike a few namby-pamby nations I could mention, who all poodle along at 30 kph).

I've been driving on a New Zealand license for nearly 40 years, and I've only killed one person - and that was an accident,

Right-ho!

Driving Mz Kiwi

Post 2

Anonymouse

Hmm.. Well.. I've been driving on my own license for nearly the same, but that doesn't preclude me from the conviction that the roads I drive are being filled more and more with idiots and less and less with actual drivers that have any clue wtf they're doing. "Get in, turn key, push pedal" seems to be the extent of training these days. Eight single hours behind the wheel for 'experience' and hey.. you're good to go.

The part of your message that really confuses me, however...

You claim to be a proud Kiwi, yet in the next breath (or part of the same) you seem to be saying that the person you accidentally killed (read: Hey, I was drunk.. wasn't my fault) was 'just another dead kiwi, no big deal'... smiley - ermsmiley - huhsmiley - headhurts

smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more