A Conversation for THE H2G2 HI FI CLUB ROOMS

Yeah, lemme join too

Post 1

Researcher 198508

Just reading the opening page got me going! Revox A77's mixing it with Garrard 301's & TD 124's in a Quad/Leak stylie! Marvellous.
And boy have I assembled a pile of timeless classics to reproduce my favourite tunes!!

So, go on, please let me join!!

Cheers
Andy

(Hold the single malt!, gimme a pint of Arthur's best)

Yeah, lemme join too

Post 2

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

You Retro boy, you!

Welcome aboard Andy, though I have to say there's not a lot of activity around here these days. I don't get on h2g2 very much at all these days. Having spent the better part of two years posting every day, I suddenly felt I needed a break. I'm always happy to talk techie, though, so if you want to take the ball and run with it, maybe you can attract some people here and I'll pop in when I can.

For the retro-record, I go back to the 60s when I used to listen to my dad's vinyl classical collection using a Decca Deram pickup arm and cartridge on a Goldring GL69 Transcription turntable, a Rogers Cadet valve pre/power combination and a single Goodmans Axiom 10 speaker in a walnut veneered box. He always meant to make it up to a stereo pair, but by the time he had the money again, it was long out of production. My brother still has the turntable, and the power amp is in one of my cupboards awaiting restoration...someday.

Tell us about your setup, then.

Doug.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more