A Conversation for The Wessex Researchers Group

Join Here

Post 161

Bluebottle

That's fine - I've not spent that long in Bournemouth town centre apart from on my way to the IMAX - certainly not on pub crawls (it is a little far to go). On the other hand, I like the fact it has a Wimpey (I worked in McDonalds a long time ago, so Wimpey's the only fast food restaurant I can stand being in).

I definately agree about the wonders of Southampton's parks. Definately a plus, and as for the Bargate - do you have any ideas how many hours I spent in the internet cafe online there? (I wasn't a wannabe goth though - although I did have long hair. Oh, and wore black a lot. But no peircings or make-up smiley - winkeye)

<BB<

Join Here

Post 162

Jezebel

Thanks for the invitation, please sign me up! Wessex sounds a bit dangerously far north for me, but I'll grit my teeth.

I'm from Sandown, now living in Lake.

Join Here

Post 163

Bluebottle

I used to think so too - and now I'm in Leedssmiley - yikes

<BB<

Join Here

Post 164

mari-rae

Hi! Bluebottle directed us here... we are now living in Wiltshire; mari-rae and Archangel Kes . Please add us in! smiley - cheers

Join Here

Post 165

Bluebottle

Of course! welcome to the group!

<BB<

Join Here

Post 166

mari-rae

*waves to the group...then opens up a big picnic hamper and sets out lots of goodies for everyone.*

smiley - burgersmiley - cakesmiley - cheesecakesmiley - cheesecakesmiley - corncobsmiley - crispssmiley - crispssmiley - crispssmiley - hotdogsmiley - toffeeapplesmiley - porkpiesmiley - porkpiesmiley - porkpiesmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - alesmiley - ojsmiley - milksmiley - teasmiley - coffeesmiley - stout

smiley - biggrin Enjoy!

Join Here

Post 167

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Hi there, I'd like to join in. I live in Wiltshire, but I'd prefer not to give you closer than that. However, haven't seen anyone else from my town on the site.smiley - biggrin

radioactiveBIGAL

Join Here

Post 168

mari-rae

smiley - cheers

Nice to see you, radioactiveBIGAL1. Would you like a smiley - ale pint, and have you been enjoying the rain?

Join Here

Post 169

Hi there Mari-rae,

Rain was brilliant yesterday evening. Went out for a walk with the dog in glorious sunshine. oN WAY BACK WE HEARD THUNDER AND LOOKED BACK TO SEE OMINOUS RAIN CLOUDS FOLLOWING US. (Sorry about change to capitals. Sticky keyboard?)

When we entered our road we were surprised to see that it was wet. Worried about washing on the line, and saw that area all round washing line was wet. Clothes, though, were largely ry. Interesting to observe the peg which, on one surface, had a damp patch in the middle and was dry all around the outside of that.

Love the smell of rain on days like that

Big Al.smiley - biggrin(I'll have thesmiley - alewhen current major workload is finished with)

Join Here

Post 170

Hi Mari-rae,

smiley - ermA couple of typos on my last post which might make it slightly uninterpretable.smiley - sadface

The clothes were largely dry.

It was the peg bag which had a damp surface.

Must now hurry to worksmiley - run

BIGAL.smiley - biggrin

Join Here

Post 171

Bluebottle

Hi Big Al - good to see you around.

<BB<

Join Here

Post 172

Hi there bluebottle. Nice to hear from you. I've not been used to these chatroom type forums (is that what it is? B4 joining h2g2. However, it's amazing how many people I feel I know already just by following a few links - even though I haven't yet been in contact with many.smiley - cheers

Big Alsmiley - biggrin

Join Here

Post 173

mari-rae

*Gives up trying to puzzle out whether or not the washing got struck by lightning and thus dried, excepting the peg bag.* We were thundered on too. The garden is looking happy. I can show you a nice pub, BigAl... click: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F52920?thread=415710&post=5312850#p5312850 and don't mind the Ostrich. He's an experimental server! :-) Hi Bluebottle!

Join Here

Post 174

Hi Mari-Rae

Got lost trying to find the pubsmiley - sadface

Do you perchance belong to the h2g2 Astronomy Forum? Found it once; thought about joining it but now can't find it.

Incidentally, how do you add suffixes to your name (like, you have "tee reads: Help wanted etc etc)"?

Might talk to you sometime about Crop Circles. Saw this elsewhere in your conversations.

Big Alsmiley - biggrin

Join Here

Post 175

mari-rae

What happened when you clicked on the link to the Pub in my previous posting? It should have taken you right to the latest postings. Here's the link to today's latest posting for the Crossed Purposes Pub forum: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F52920?thread=415710&latest=1 To add bits to your name you click on the preferences button. When the screen opens you'll see several fields that you can alter. Click on the one with your nickname and you can add to it. :-) I've done a search on Astronomy and lots of forums came up. I'm not sure which one is the one you were interested in. Here is the link for the Search: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/Search?searchstring=astronomy+&searchtype=goosearch I have grave suspicions about Crop Circles. Also about the Cern Abbas Giant...

Join Here

Post 176

Found the astronomy forum from the list you gave me.smiley - smiley
smiley - ermAlso found the pub but didn't quite know what to make of the conversation!

w.r.t. Cerne Abbas Giant, one theory is that it is a fertility talisman, and women who have trouble conceiving are supposed to go up there and lie, probably in the most appropriate place. A friend of mine then thinks that the local lads then go up there smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye and <SMILEY TYPE = "CUDDLE"/> <SMILEY TYPE = " KISS"/> <SMILEY TYPE "TICKLE"/> and generally 'do the business.(Sorry, just practicing with non-standard smileys.

I'll play with the 'preferences button at some stage but, just now, I'm spending too much time at the computer. (I've seen a smiley for this as well but can't find it right now).

BigAlsmiley - biggrin

Join Here

Post 177

P.S.The non-standard smileys don't seem to work. The 'suspicious smiley' you sent me didn't come out either.

Off do do some w*rk now.smiley - run

Join Here

Post 178

mari-rae

The non-standard smilies convey meaning without the graphics, so in a sense they do w*rk. smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers

Join Here

Post 179

Ah ha!smiley - biggrin

Cerne Abbas Giant

Post 180

I meant to tell you in my last post that, post Victorian times, it is believed the giant's penis became extended by about 21/2 meters. This is when it was inaccurately re-cut when a 'discrete veiling' of shrubbery was removed.

Apparently, the giant may once have had a navel, which became incorporated intio the phallus when it was re-cut.This would obviate against the giant being afertility symbol, and the erect phallus was probably a sign indicating good luck or prosperity.

Chowsmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more