A Conversation for The Wessex Researchers Group

Join Here

Post 1

Bluebottle

If you'd like to join the Wessex Researchers Group, then leave your name and where you're from or where you live here!

<BB<


Join Here

Post 2

Peregrin

Sign me up!

& Tink too!

p.s. if you've got no internet access for the next two months, how are you online now? smiley - winkeye


Join Here

Post 3

Vip

I'm in! If I may, of course...


Join Here

Post 4

Uncle Heavy [sic]

right on brother!

i live in winchester!, but when you right it, you have to put the ! at the end of it. this said, ill prolly be on my way to oxford in october. but ill still live in winchester!


Join Here

Post 5

Vip

Oxford! Hey! I'm about 20 mins from there- but I should be heading up North to Birmingham if I get me grades. Oxford's great. I love it.


Join Here

Post 6

Uncle Heavy [sic]

so do i. not so sure about all that goshdarned work they make you do there (im not going to brooks smiley - tongueout) but the town is awesome.


Join Here

Post 7

Vip

Yeah. Lots of bells- including the glorious 10 at Christchurch itself- if you're into that sort of thing smiley - biggrin, lots of gorgeous colleges, chapels, history, shops... ah, I love MY city!!


Join Here

Post 8

Uncle Heavy [sic]

i dont know it all that well...but the architecture is awesome from what im told, and the music scene is apparently very good...which was the final reason i chose there instead of bristol...


Join Here

Post 9

Munchkin

So, Wessex includes Surrey does it? Well in that case I hereby claim to live in Woking and thus demand my membership and free lemon pips.


Join Here

Post 10

Uncle Heavy [sic]

we have lime or orange. lemons off.


Join Here

Post 11

The Fish

*thinks it best if he join as BB invited him, only to discover his name already on the list*

smiley - biggrin

The good thing about Reading, is that you can get anywhere else really really easily... smiley - cool
smiley - fish


Join Here

Post 12

Peregrin

Like Basingstoke.


Join Here

Post 13

coelacanth

Stick me on the list then, although put me down as a lurker around the area. I'm not saying which particular bit of it I'm in, privacy n all, but I can say that I doubt very much that I'll be in it much longer because I've just chucked my job.
But I'm certainly a Wessex based researcher. smiley - smiley
smiley - bluefishsmiley - puff


Join Here

Post 14

The Fish

Really???!!! smiley - huh

So... your not doing that thing, that you used to be doing.... in the place that you "were" doing it in........ And will now be doing... another thing... I suppose, in a differant place, other that the place that you are in now.... ??? smiley - erm

(Is that unspecific enough for you???) smiley - winkeye

What do you hope to do now? smiley - smiley
smiley - fish


Join Here

Post 15

Bluebottle

I suspect that if she told us, she'd have to kill us. smiley - winkeye

<BB<


Join Here

Post 16

Great Western Lettuce (no.51) Just cut down the fags instead

Ark ye olde kingdom of Wessex.

I'm a Berkshire boy now living in Swindon - so I suppose if I belong anywhere (and that is an IF), it is here.

GWL


Join Here

Post 17

Vip

I'm Oxfordshire but spend most of my time in Berkshire. I think that's Wessex! It's on the map in Hardy's Wessex...


Join Here

Post 18

Great Western Lettuce (no.51) Just cut down the fags instead

Say, could I join this here Wessex peoples group please?

Just one thing - where is Wessex exactly?


Join Here

Post 19

Bluebottle

Hello! Yes, you've now joined the Wessex Researcher Group, so thankyou for joining!
Where exactly is Wessex, that's a good question. I've described it as "the Isle of Wight and Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, Dorset and surrounding areas", with Oxfordshire counting as a surrounding area. My History Lecturer at Southampton University described it as a "South of the M4 Kingdom", although the Kingdom of Wessex shrank and grew over time, and eventually became the Kingdom of England. I feel that anywhere in the South of England counts, if you live roughly in that area, or are from that area, or have lived in that area and would like to be part of the group.

<BB<


Join Here

Post 20

Researcher 188007

South and Southwestern England I'd say, being from Sussex originally. Anyway, can I join too?

Jack


Key: Complain about this post