A Conversation for The Wessex Researchers Group

Join Here

Post 201

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

I remember negotiating it on one occasion, but the experience was over so quickly (and was totally unexpected) that I think I only suffered an aftershock!

smiley - biggrin


Magic Roundabouts

Post 202

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Just been talking to my son's gf. She says there's another 'magic roundabout'in Hemel Hempstead.

smiley - biggrin


Join Here

Post 203

David, Thingite Director General of Tea

Haven't been on h2g2 for absolutely yonks (if you look at my Personal Space there's nothing there, and I still don't know what to put on it!!!) and only got back on after they told me that my entry on buses in Bristol (A3682433) was going into the edited guide! So I thought I'd drop off here and start interacting with people again. I'm Dave, I'm 17 and I live in Bristol.


Join Here

Post 204

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Hi Dave.

Best to look at other people's PS's and go from there.

Mine is quite straight forward and serious, although this seems to be rather an exception.

smiley - applause for the 'Buses' Entry.


smiley - biggrin


Join Here

Post 205

Rama - now floating around the world on Her Majesty's Finest

Hi all,

Popping my head in after a number of years away. Has eveyone had a nice Bank Holiday weekend?

Rama


Join Here

Post 206

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Well, I spent 11/2 complete days erecting a greenhouse which the instructions said should take a single person 1/12-2 hours. And that didn't include building the hard-standing. It's up now though, but not immaculate as the hard standing has to be PERFECTLY horizontal in all directions. We enlisted a builder (well, our bathroom fitter) to do this, but it's not horizontal and the surface is also very rough - hasn't been skimmed with a layer of cement.

Been deown to the garden centre today and bougfht a selection of plants (tomatos to go in the green house and somne trailers for our hanging baskets.,

Supposed to be marking 'A' Level coursework, but some of it isn't yet in; despite the fact that it's due at the Moderator's by 13th May. Also, the weather has been too nice for it this Bank Holiday. But must settle to doing s'thing this evening.

How about yourself?

smiley - biggrin


Join Here

Post 207

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Any chance of actually getting me name on the list? It's been quite a while since I asked to join.


Join Here

Post 208

yonorri

Can I get signed up please...

I'm currently living just outside Newbury and working in Reading.

I was born in Boscombe and brought up in and around Salisbury, so I think I've had some dealings with the Wessex area, wherever that is...


Join Here

Post 209

bobstafford

Do you allow ex pats living in Staffordshire now but from the south Titchfield and Gosport in Hampshire 28 +++ years

I will not be offended if refused...


Phoeniks

Post 210

Phoeniks

My name is Phoeniks and I live between Bristol and Bath. I was born in Woking, Surrey, which (I think is also in Wessex?)

Can I join please!!

x


Join Here

Post 211

bobstafford

Hi
I have not had a reply rgarding membership am I still being cnsidered,

Bob...


Join Here

Post 212

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

I don't think anyone can be administering this group smiley - sadface Mebbe I should volunteer smiley - ermsmiley - run


Join Here

Post 213

bobstafford

Hi Al I guess your it can I join smiley - smiley


Join Here

Post 214

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Yes, please consider yourself a Member. (I'd better figure out how to administer the site and update the records smiley - yikes


Join Here

Post 215

bobstafford

Hooray thanks Alsmiley - smiley


Join Here

Post 216

AlsoRan80

PLEASER MAY i JOIN THIS RESEARCHERS GROUP?
My name is AlsoRan80, and I believe I first joined at the turn of the century or shortly thereafter!

I have howevert forgoteen my password on several occasions and each time haave had to to resort to another name.so
alsoran
alsoRan1
alsoran 2
Joan of Arc
AlsoRan80

Are all the one and the same me. !!.

|You sound a delightful group and I shall be so happy if you will permit me to become a member of your researchers goup. Even if I now live on the Channel at Folkestone only twenty miles across the sea from Wimereuix where I used to spend my holidays when my French parents brought us, every two years, to visit their parents in France . We lived in South Africa at the time. I married and lived in Southern Rhodesia for twenty one years; then returned to South Africa and lived in Cape Town until 1991, when I came to live in England where I have lived ever since.

I went to University when I was 44 and was busy with my PhD when my husband died. I have been a researcher and am officialy a Sociologist of Law. I am fortunate to have studied with some very wonderful philosophers in South Africa and approached my research topics from a phenomenological point of view.

I am fortunate in that all my research work has been placed in the Alfred Schutz Centre for Phenomenological Research at the Waseda(Spelling) University in Tokyo.

Sadly it is not the most popular methodology in the Uk, although it does have a lot of followers in Europe and the far East. There is a Phenomenology conference in Aix-en- Provence next June. I am hoping to be able to go to it and possibly present a paper - if I can get around to doing something about it. I have reached the great age of 80, and although I try to remind myself about the many great minds who have produced valuable work even as octogenarians, I just do not seem to sumon up the courage to do it. !!

Hoping that you will accept my membership.


sincerely,

CME MA(cum laude)(US)1980
AlosRan80



Join Here

Post 217

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Welcome alsoran80 smiley - oksmiley - biggrin

(By default, I appear to have become the Group Leader here, although I haven't done anything about getting this ratified smiley - erm


Join Here

Post 218

AlsoRan80



Have I jointed?

I hope so!

CME
AR80


Join Here

Post 219

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Yes smiley - biggrin


Join Here

Post 220

AlsoRan80

Thank you so much

CME AR80smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more