This is the Message Centre for HVS

HVS Meeting Room

Post 21

Talene

I just found out the local grocery store carries Gardenburgers, which I really like. I was impressed because this is just a little mom & pop, independent, locally owned store and this area is very meat-centric.

HVS Meeting Room

Post 22

Gedge :-)

I've just come back to work after be ill, a guess what, its all my own fault for being a veggie. Never mind in my entire working life i've only had 4 day off out of 13 or so years. Typical.

Still meant more time on the internetsmiley - smiley

Gedgesmiley - smiley

HVS Meeting Room

Post 23

Oscar

Oh yes, we've all read about the Mad Cauliflower outbreak haven't we smiley - smiley

HVS Meeting Room

Post 24

$u$

Cauliflower ear maybe.smiley - winkeye

~A~

HVS Meeting Room

Post 25

$u$

I've been browsing the guide, looking at articles relating to vegetarianism, and have made a startling discovery.

A disproportionate number of the entries are actually from meat-eaters criticising vegetarians and their beliefs. It seems that being a vegetarian (and especially daring to mention that you are one) is like 'a red rag to a bull'. Vegetarians are all raving loonies, health freaks, crusading pleasure-destroyers, and clearly trying to undermine the 'obvious' superiority of carnivores. Or is it that deep down they're scared their conscience may one day catch up with them?

The edited guide entry on 'vegetarianism' is also similarly biased, which seems rather unfair and incomplete. It seems a shame to me that in an age where we no longer tolerate racism, sexism and other forms of bigotry, 'vegetarianist' attitudes are still acceptable.smiley - sadface

~A~

HVS Meeting Room

Post 26

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

Well I guess we'll just have to ambush them with an onslaught of articles about how wonderful vegetarianism is, won't we? Some recipes might be a nice start. *Hint, hint, nudge nudge* smiley - winkeye

HVS Meeting Room

Post 27

Oscar

post links to places where vegetarianism is being flamed please...
we can go and demonstrate how cool we are smiley - smiley

HVS Meeting Room

Post 28

HVS

Most of the adverse comments are attached to the edited guide entry on 'vegetarianism' (not written by a vegetarian!) linked from HVS homepage.

There are a couple of new news articles posted today which may interest members.smiley - smiley

~A~

HVS Meeting Room

Post 29

$u$

*plumps cushions on the HVS sofa and disappears in a cloud of dust, coughing and spluttering*

So nice to get my computer working again, if not up to speed. How is everyone?

~A~

HVS Meeting Room

Post 30

Oscar

Glorious thankyou smiley - smiley

and yourself?

HVS Meeting Room

Post 31

HVS

Yea! She's back! How's it going Pegasus? I'm glad to hear you're online again! BTW, I joined a student animal rights group yesterday, and at the next meeting I'm going to distribute little papers advertising the HVS to the other guys at CARE (Coalition for Animal Rights and the Environment), so maybe some of them will join the HVS, and in the process join h2g2 at large!

-Z

HVS Meeting Room

Post 32

$u$

Hi Oscar. Well, given that the PC is working now, I guess things could be erring towards 'glorious'.smiley - winkeye

Up and running again, though missing vital components.smiley - sadface At least it starts again now, and I can connect to the Internet. No IM, WP or most of my other programs and drivers though.smiley - sadface Got some serious tinkering to do before 'normality' is resumed.

Hey Z.smiley - smiley More recruits for HVS and h2g2? Sounds good.smiley - smiley Hope you're settling in well. I'll keep an eye on the mail.smiley - bigeyes

~A~

HVS Meeting Room

Post 33

Technoyokel (muse of poetry)

Hi 'sus and any one else how are you? I've just popped in to advertise the h2g2 olympic games 'cos I thought you might want to enter a team (or be individual entrants) it's on http://www.h2g2.com/A440227 The games include a beer drinking marathon, deckchair gymnastics and getting lost in the woods- you can make up your own games too.

I'll come back and be sociable one day smiley - smiley bye for now.

HVS Meeting Room

Post 34

$u$

How about the triathlon?smiley - bigeyes

First you do the deckchair gymnastics, then the beer-drinking, then you get lost.smiley - winkeye

HAPPY WORLD VEGETARIAN DAY by the way. Time to celebrate.smiley - smiley *glug glug glug*

~A~

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HVS

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more