This is the Message Centre for HVS

Join The Team!

Post 1

HVS

If you're a vegetarian or are seriously considering becoming one, and you would like to join the H2G2 Vegetarian Society, simply leave a message in this thread stating that you want to join. We'll add you to the list of members as soon as possible.

Zarquon and Pegasus

Join The Team!

Post 2

Oscar

I hereby post to this forum just so that when new stuff comes up I find out about it from my home page forum listing smiley - smiley

Join The Team!

Post 3

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

Good idea. I'll do the same, so I can know when there's new posts even if I'm not logged in as "H2G2 Vegetarian Society". Pegasus, (can I just call you Peg?) you might want to do the same thing. Well guys, do you like what we've done with the place? Sure, the basement's a bit cluttered, but the upstairs looks all right. smiley - winkeye For anyone who missed my post in the old thread, we're planning on using the journal section of the page to announce updates, so you might want to glance at that every now and then to see what's going on. Anything super important we'll share with you in the thread too though. Right Peg? Let's see, is there anything else I should tell you guys? Oh, yeah. When we post a message as "H2G2 Vegetarian Society" we'll sign it to let you know who's writing it. If we're in a hurry we might abbreviate it. "Z" is for Zarquon (duh!) and ~A~ is for Pegasus. Get it? It's a horse with wings! Like the A is the horse from the front and, um...Ahem. Anyway, that's her sig, just so you don't get confused. It still makes me think of Aerosmith but oh well. smiley - winkeye

Join The Team!

Post 4

$u$

Okay, good idea.smiley - smiley

~A~ *but you can call me 'sus*smiley - winkeye

Join The Team!

Post 5

BluesSlider

Neat idea guys smiley - smiley, but maybe we need a link back to the old page so folks can see past discussions? Then maybe not, I think they're pretty much dead anyway.

Join The Team!

Post 6

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

I figured those old discussions weren't going to get much more response anyway, so we might as well just move on to new ones.

Join The Team!

Post 7

Newcomers 2h2g2

Just popped in for a little nitpicking.

DNA likes h2g2 rather than H2G2 as do the towers.

nitpicking over.

I will get my wife to write down the recipe for her vegetable hot pot - MMmmm its great and even liked by non veggies.

I am not a vegetarian but I am
newcomers 2h2g2, so welcome to your new home.
aka vegimansmiley - smiley

Join The Team!

Post 8

HVS

Hi vegiman. Thank you for the welcome message. We look forward to your recipe! As for the H2G2 v. h2g2 issue, in most circumstances I would be inclined to agree. However, in this particular case, Pegasus and I feel that H2G2 looks better for the title H2G2 Vegetarian Society, since it's consistent with the capitals. On the other hand, if Mark or Peta would like us to change it, we'll comply. Have they spoken to you about it?

-Zarquon

Join The Team!

Post 9

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

I am a vegetarian and would like to join,
[thanks]

Join The Team!

Post 10

HVS

Ok, you're on the list now. Welcome to the H2G2 Vegetarian Society, Peaceful Earthling!

-Z

Join The Team!

Post 11

Thank you Zarquon and Pegasus
Long live vegetarianism smiley - smiley
[my karma is never being
serious about anything
except vegetarianism, of course.]

Join The Team!

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

Please let me join too. Fanks a bunch.
Sho
x

Join The Team!

Post 13

$u$

Hi Sho. My memory must be like a... erm...

Forgot you said you were veggie too. Very pleased to have you join. Will add you to the members list.smiley - smiley

Did you read the news article (link on HVS page) about vegetarian mothers giving birth to girls? Now, how old are your girls...?smiley - winkeye

~A~

Join The Team!

Post 14

Sho - employed again!

Thanks for joining me.
My girls are 3andahalf and 2. (phew!) but - and here's a horrible admission - while I was pregnant with Eveline (the little one) I ate meat. Sorry meat. It was very tasty though, and because I'm a veggie because of conscience and like the taste of meat, it was awful. That's it. I won't go on because I don't want to offend anyone. This time it's strictly tofu all the way..... smiley - smiley
So... please can you tell me how to put a link from my page to the HVS?
Thanks
Sho

Join The Team!

Post 15

Hello again Z*,

Haven't done much for my home page yet... but have put a word in for vegetarianism at Poco Island...
- Though my character is silly, it does remind people about the issue.

Be well!

Join The Team!

Post 16

HVS

Welcome Sho! To link to the HVS from your h2g2 home page, go to "edit page", make sure you have it set on GuideML, then paste the following code where you want to link to us:

The H2G2 Vegetarian Society

The ""s are only there to make sure there is a blank space above and below the link. They aren't necessary for the link to work. Thanks, and let me know if you have any problems!

-Z

Join The Team!

Post 17

Sho - employed again!

Thank you. I have a link, now I just have to remember to use it.

Beam me up!

Post 18

JeffreyBar

No eat-o meat-o, join-o group-o?

Tee-hee! Hi guys. smiley - smiley

Beam me up!

Post 19

HVS

Welcome-o to the asylum-o!smiley - winkeye

Glad you could join us.smiley - smiley

~A~

Join The Team!

Post 20

Salamander the Mugwump

It's a bit of a surprise to find H2G2 Vegetarian Society as a researcher in the "Who's Online" window. How are new vegs to find you when you're not logged on? In any case, I confess that I'm a vegetarian and demand that I may or may not want to join you. No, I put that rather badly didn't I? What I mean is, please may I join, please.

Thank you.

Key: Complain about this post