A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Feature Suggestions

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 1

Einmoto - CoachAntony

I've been using HooToo's Misc. Chat for about 6 months now and find it one of the better forums out there, but I have found too, that of all the researchers online, only a few actually take part. Perhaps they might read a thread or two and don't take part - this might also be the case?

I remember first arriving to the HooToo website and being totally lost. Naturally, the idea of having an ACE come and visit most helpful. I'm still a little confused when it comes down to writing an entry, getting help on its completion and setting it free for the whole community.

What did make the whole thing most enjoyable was going to Misc. Chat and just chatting about various themes and topic (even if they may seem inane). But I find at present not many people are using this section of HooToo.

I was wondering if you could publicise the Misc. Chat on the Frontpage? Perhaps suggesting it is a good place to start, while getting your entries ready for submission.

Thanks!smiley - biggrin

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 2

Elentari

If you're confused about how to write an entry, here's some tips for you:

1) Have an idea. smiley - winkeye
2) Check said idea is not already covered in an existing edited entry.
3)Read the <./>WritingGuidelines</.> carefully.
4) Write said entry.
5) Submit it to either Edited Guide Writing Workshop (if you want help finishing it, aren't too confident with it, or need more guidance) or Peer Review (if it's finished).

Does that help?

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

The problem with Misc chat is that although its existed for ages, its qeally quite a new idea; most of those conversation in Misc would have origionally started in ask H2G2, but a few years ago there was a big push to get rid of all the pointless, silly, amusing and generally entertaining conversations from Ask. Ask has a bigger readership; more people subscribed to it. At the time when this all kinda happened some people were forever whinning on about conversation in Ask, how they were cluttering up their personall spaces, and so eventually people were forced out of putting the conversations up on ask, and out into misc chat. Whereas previously they'd have put the conversation into Ask, from wehre it mgiht eventually be moved over to Misc chat, then people started putting the conversations in to Misc caht, to save getting the wroth of the people in Ask, and of course less people are subscribed to Misc chat. Also, a lot of people who were once involved in the conversations whilst they still appeared on Ask, have since left, frquent the site less, or just gave up on teh conversation forums smiley - ermsmiley - sadface there isn't nearly enough sillyness nowdays. smiley - wah

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 4

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Muffin ticklers!

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 5

Now.
Really.
I don't think there was any call for that kind of response whatsoever!
We are all more than aware of the role played by muffin ticklers in the slow inevitable demise of the word-view of the universe which as we all know is consequently going to hell in a handcart. Of course, naturally, as it was the muffin ticklers in turn who did turn to the Misc chat, as a consequence of their own viseriphous actions in ASK H2G2, but then, as far as that arguement goes, the SMVM and LBQM didn't necessarily themseves harness the power of the muffin ticklers.
And, as one person once said, some people prefer cupcakes but I care not for them, the prince of foods, the muffin smiley - musicalnote

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 6

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

You can tickle my muffin any time, sweetie.smiley - biggrin

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 7

Darling. There is an offer I can't refuse.... (useually as you have me bound up, gagged and handcuffed when you make it to me...) smiley - biggrin
Baby you can tickle my muffin,
yes your going to be a star,... smiley - ermsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - headhurts
The muffin tickler was roudy,
the muffin lay out of sight,
the tickler lay it off and on and did so throughout the night,

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 8

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Good to see that we can count on 2legs and Roymondo to keep this thread from the threat of seriousness smiley - ok

I wouldn't worry too much Zeinmoto, it'll pick up again smiley - ok

I am curious though, has Ask got silly again, or is there just less silliness to go around and so Misc Chat is slower?

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 9

Ask isn't silly smiley - wah its a bit boring of late really, and Misc chat never really totally took over where ask left off smiley - erm So I don't think many people are subscribed to Misc chat unlike Ask smiley - erm

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 10

Einmoto - CoachAntony

Perhaps I should just frequent ASK as well - an easier option, perhaps?

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 11

Tis best to be subscribed to both ask and misc, and of course how do i ... or whatever that one is called smiley - erm and the forum, and... everywhere smiley - winkeyesmiley - run

Misc. Chat is dying ...

Post 12

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

"How do I?", now there's a really dead forum smiley - sadface

Don't subscribe to Ask! smiley - yikes You'll go batty.... hey maybe that's what happened to 2legs and Roymondo smiley - bigeyes I just visit Ask each time Im on hootoo and check out the interesting sounding threads.

Key: Complain about this post