This is the Message Centre for soeasilyamused, or sea

Verray Noice

Post 121

soeasilyamused, or sea

you will, willem. smiley - smiley just have to keep an open mind. smiley - winkeye

how goes the painting? how are your cats? you sent me pictures of them a while back, and they're on my screensaver! smiley - biggrin fabulous pics, by the way - quite the compliment, being that i'm a photographer myself. smiley - biggrin

Verray Noice

Post 122

Willem

Hi! I really hope I do ...

If you wanna check out how things are going with the painting, check out my site again from time to time. I've uploaded many new pictures to it:

http://www.dreamwater.net/art/willemvander/index.html

You still building your own site? I haven't checked it out in a while ...

Verray Noice

Post 123

soeasilyamused, or sea

yay!

yes, i've still got my website... http://www-scf.usc.edu/~delangis/

haven't updated it recently as it doesn't seem to like it when i try to upload things from home. smiley - erm i suppose i could drive up to school and upload from there, but that seems a bit silly to me. *shrug* ah well. smiley - smiley

Verray Noice

Post 124

Willem

*sigh...* I just don't seem to get around to h2g2 any more. It's not helping that my 'net access is really slow right now... But apart from that I'm doing fine.

You still here, sea?

Verray Noice

Post 125

soeasilyamused, or sea

yep! still here! smiley - smiley

sorry to hear about your 'net access. i'm going to be moving into my own apartment soon, so i'll be switching to dialup... smiley - tongueout blech!

glad to hear you're doing okay, though. how is south africa? it's wintery weather there, right? what is the weather like this time of year? (if you don't care to talk about the weather, that's cool. some people don't. i, however, am always curious as to how the climate is in the rest of the world smiley - smiley)

Verray Noice

Post 126

Willem

Well it's nice to have you here! I might even try and be around a bit more often ... at least, I took a peek at your site again and it looks as if you did put a bit more stuff up there since last time I looked... and I'm also still regularly updating my own site. I have now finished all the works of art I want at my and my dad's exhibition which will be some day soon now ... I only have to still scan in and upload a few thingies.

Well, good luck on moving into your apartment! I hope it's a nice one and that you enjoy it. And the best of fortitude and endurance with the 'net access... oh, if only I could have cable or DSL!!!

Right, the weather ... it's cold!!! I don't like it when it's this cold. Our house doesn't have any heating except for a few small heaters which are usually only used in the TV room and my parents' bedroom and I don't spend much time in either of those places. Nowadays I mostly lie in bed, reading, except when I'm working in the garden or training at the gym or sitting in front of the computer or painting. Most of the time I keep covered up - long pants, sweatsuits and sweaters, and in the evening I usually wear a balaclava that covers up my whole head. The winter won't be lasting a lot longer, though ... by the end of July it will be getting warm again. Unfortunately, before then we will be going to Heidelberg on the Witwatersrand, and then to the Orange Free State. Those places are all much colder than Pietersburg - it sometimes even snows there! So I'm not looking forwards to that a lot.

But anyways, over here it's only cold in the evenings and nights. Right now the sun is shining brightly outside, and if I go there, I'd have to take off my sweater or I'll get too hot.

But anyways, I like in the winter to go to bed early at evening and to get up late in the morning. I'm definitely not working as much as I do during the warmer months. So I'm getting a bit of a break, and that's fun. But I still try and do some work each day. I've ordered a very large amount of new tree seeds, and I have to get enough nursery bags filled to plant them all in by springtime!

And over there it's Summer, so how are you handling it? It gets pretty hot, right? Going swimming a lot? I wish I lived near the sea...

Verray Noice

Post 127

soeasilyamused, or sea

wow! it's strange to think that you're freezing while i'm sweating! smiley - laugh

the weather here is GORGEOUS! i went to the beach a few days ago with some friends, and i'm just now recovering from the sunburn! smiley - winkeye the ocean is wonderfully warm, and it's great to swim in. summer is my favorite season, especially in california, since the weather is just so lovely... smiley - biggrin

actually, it's not so hot in my area (we get a lovely ocean breeze that keeps us cool). when i went into downtown LA a few days ago to apartment hunt, it was much hotter! yeesh! smiley - smiley but all in all, i really love the climate here.

Verray Noice

Post 128

Willem

Hi! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying such good weather! Living by the sea is great ... those sea breezes, and the opportunity to go for a dip to cool off when it's hot! And it also doesn't get so cold in winter, either.

Actually, the weather here is quite nice as well. We have a few days of cold in the winter, but the rest of the time it's fine. It also doesn't get inordinately warm in summer. I can take heat fairly easily! I even go and gym on hot summer afternoons. I usually sweat buckets, though ... typically I *look* as if I went for a swim in my clothes, after a tough workout!

The day before yesterday we had a little holiday. We went to the Messina Baobab Reserve. That was an interesting break. Here in Pietersburg it's rather cold ... but Messina is 200 km closer to the equator, and also situated closer to sea-level than Pietersburg, and so it's very much warmer there than here. So we were all nice and hot during our trip, but as soon as we were back I was cold again! Still it was good to feel some proper heat, even in the middle of winter. The trip was quite a successful one ... we saw lots of game, and got some really good photos of baobab trees ... I'll soon put some of them on my site, and I'm also going to paint a few pictures of some of them as well!

How's your studies and so on going?

Verray Noice

Post 129

HappyDude

http://www.dreamwater.net/art/willemvander/Bodybuildinghype.html

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for soeasilyamused, or sea

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more