This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Maestro

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

I'm sure this has been done elsewhere on at least European TV channels, but here goes:

Gather together six national celebreties.

Try to make them musical directors.

In the Swedish version, we have:
A comedian
A Prima Ballerina
An actress
Another actress with a stand-up comedian twist
A former leader of a very left wing political party
A goal keeper smiley - football

Some of them have really surprised me, especially the goal keeper wiping off tears after conducting a rather heavy piece of music. And the orchestra just loved him.

Available for Swedish viewers on svtplay dot se

Maestro

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smiley sounds good, and i wish i could have a go at conducting orchestra smiley - biggrin

Maestro

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh yes, I felt the same - I wish *I could have a go at it!smiley - musicalnote

Maestro

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

This was undertaken in the UK, h5ringer wrote about it A41278151

Enjoy!smiley - bubbly

Maestro

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

Thanks GB

The winner turned out to be just who I thought it'd be. I think she might possibly have a 'letter diagnosis' as it's called here in Sweden, but she's so intense and so expressive. And very musical.

In the finals, it was the orchestra who had the last vote.

I'd be happy to pay a considerable fee just to get all the tutoring and hands-on experience the participants got.

Conducting an orchestra - just imagine.... smiley - bigeyes

Maestro

Post 6

Beatrice

Its an experience I've had the pleasure of....once!

The Ulster Orchestra did a Haydn-fest about 30 years ago to raise money for Children in Need, where they played the entire catalogue of symphonies. Some of the more famous symphonies were performed as concerts with "proper" conductors, but the rest were auctioned off to members of the public. And I got to do one. Scary stuff.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more