This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

*pretending she isn't aware that the contest is already into semi-finals but is listening through all the songs*

So far, I like

Iceland
Latvia
Greece
Romania

Ah, I'm detecting that my background of having danced Balkan/East European folk dances for several years definitely has an influence - see, my ear is accustomed to some of the rather peculiar scales/rhythms/sounds.

OK, scratch all of the above - go Finland!

Post 2

Hati

I can't help it - I love Russian entry. smiley - laugh The Udmurt grannies are just hilarious.

Post 3

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

crvvens its that time of year againsmiley - laugh!

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

The babushkas are sweet, but so is the Danish Song "Where Is My Sweater?"

smiley - pirate

Post 5

Santragenius V

Your sweater? Pulled over your head so that you could go out for a fishing trip...?

(sorry, requires some rather detailed knowledge of rather old Danish pop songs...: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKHDrpV_64)

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

Watching the second half of the songs included in the first semi-finals.

So far, Cyprus is my favourite among those.

Although the Danish singer had a good voice, but the song itself - nah....

And yes, the babushkas are cute, but one of them is singing off-tune and another (or possibly the same one) slightly off-beat as well.

Post 7

Titania (gone for lunch)

And it wouldn't surprise me if it's the smallest and also cutest (and possibly oldest) babushka smiley - brokenheart

Post 8

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hmmm.... watching the 'while-we-count-the-votes' of the first semi-final, I find I have a blind spot when it comes to Azerbajdzian (?) dances - although I see a lot of similarities compared with other Eastern Europe folk dances.

Post 9

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh bah, Finland didn't make it - but at least Cyprys got to the finals.

Post 10

Titania (gone for lunch)

Darn, the second semifinal had too many good songs...

OK, loved Serbia's song, it kick-starts all my folk dancing instincts - I can totally see a choreographer coming up with something !genuine' to match this.

Makedonia - yeah, well, yes.

*jumps back in horror*

Holy sh*t what is that? Indian chief? Or what? Honestly, that was so unrelated, I'm going to ignore it completely (Netherlands).

Portugal - hmmm.. think they tried too hard to make a 'popular' song, because a proper Fado is so much better than that.

Slovenia, me likes. Actually brought back some scenes from Songs of Fire and Ice.

SWEDEN! Oh - my - gosh! I think we might have ourselves a winner this year!

Post 11

Santragenius V

Seems we have to say Grattis!

Post 12

Titania (gone for lunch)

Thanks!smiley - biggrinsmiley - boingsmiley - bubbly

Post 13

Titania (gone for lunch)

And the video is here:
http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=sweden_wins_2012_eurovision_song_contest

Post 14

Titania (gone for lunch)

Comment from my mother (74):

Why the smiley - bleep does she have to wriggle around all the time - can't she just stand still? And that fringe of hers - what's the point? Can't see her eyes!

Mum, it's a choreography - there's point.

And now, if some kind person could please explain to me why there needs to be a 'h' as the second letter in the word 'choreography' (had to look it up, because it looked wrong somehow)?

Post 15

Icy North

It comes via French from the Greek 'khoreia' (dance). It's the same root which gives us 'chorus'.

Post 16

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - ta

Post 17

Titania (gone for lunch)

And I probably won't shut up any time soon, but did you see the finishing scene where he hoisted her up only to melt at her feet? Nice!

Post 18

Titania (gone for lunch)

And what the smiley - bleep made the UK think they'd win by sending Engelbert Humperdinck?smiley - huh Retirement time?

Post 19

Titania (gone for lunch)

Vevo version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y03iOela5OU

E-FOOOOOO-RIAAAAA!

Post 20

Titania (gone for lunch)

Second position ever (along with several other countries) in winning the ESC! Only Ireland to beat now... (seven times)

Key: Complain about this post