This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

NaJoPoMo: Titania 16 Nov 2011

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

I've changed tactics. After I downloaded Skyrim and started to play it (on the release date 11/11/11) I've forced myself to *first write a new episode before allowing me to play. This made me wish I could get the writing done and over with as fast as possible, resulting in (I feel) sloppy typing and ignored proofreading. Reversing the process works better, I think. First play Skyrim (and get some inspiration, and coming up with the plot while playing) and *then write. Here's hoping it makes your reading more entertaining. Enjoy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Omens of Oblivion: Flashing Out The Enemy

'The mechanism for closing the gate is probably similar to the one I closed at Kvatch,' Jeoffre said.

'I could use some help though. Any volunteers?'

'I'll come,' Vilena said, standing up. 'It's probably better if there's more than one person who knows how to do it and besides, I'm curious.'

'We'll come too!' announced the Orc brothers, hoping that bashing Daedra would make a nice change compared with bashing goblins. Not that bashing goblins was all that bad, it just got tedious after a while.

Freya was going to volunteer too, but Jauffre held her back, pulling her aside.

'I'd like you to go to the Imperial City and contact Baurus to see if he's found a lead. If he has, assist him.'

Freya pondered.

'Which way is Fort Sutch?' she equired.

'Far to the south west of here,' replied Jeoffre.

'Then you'll be taking the Red Ring Road? I'll ride with you then, and leave the party once we approach the Imperial City.'

Jauffre nodded consent, and then hurried off to change into armour.

The ride proved to be pretty uneventful, until Freya changed course. After a while, she felt as if someone was following her. Halting her horse, she listened intently, but heard nothing. Still feeling uneasy, she urged on her horse, and soon saw the bridge leading to the Imperial City.

Once she had crossed the bridge, she looked back, but still couldn't see anyone. Leaving her horse at the Chestnut Handy Stables just outside the city gates, she entered, heading for Luther Broad's Boarding House in the Elven Gardens District, where Jauffre had told her she could find Baurus.

Once inside, Freya immediately spotted Baurus, seated on a stool at the bar counter. She sat down on the stool right next to him and ordered a mug of cider.

Without turning his head or looking at her, Baurus told her, in a low voice, that he thought he was being followed and that he would head for the cellar to lure the person out. Asking Freya to watch if anyone would follow him and, if so, follow that person, he got up and headed for the cellar door. Sure enough, a Breton got up and disappeared into the cellar as well. Quickly, Freya hurried towards the cellar door, not knowing what to expect.

She certainly didn't expect a deadly assault.

Post 2

Hypatia

smiley - yikes

Post 3

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - erm
...as I'm certain Baurus wasn't expecting a hurtful appepper.
smiley - winkeye
B4ijumpintothefray2helpFreya

Post 4

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - redwine

Post 5

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - spacesmiley - cool
[-B4-]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more