A Conversation for H2G2 Waterworks: The River

The River

Post 1

Ming Mang

Definately a useful river!!

Are there any swans on it? I can't see any at the moment. smiley - sadface Maybe Demented Duck will let you borrow her ducks for the River? Maybe the ducks would like to live on it? I'll go and ask her...
smiley - smiley

¦M¦

The River

Post 2

Bluebottle

That's a good idea, if there's one thing a river needs, it's ducks. smiley - smiley
And yes, it is a useful river, just not a popular one at the moment. Hopefully that will change. smiley - smiley

The River

Post 3

Joe aka Arnia, Muse, Keeper, MathEd, Guru and Zen Cook (business is booming)

I am going to set up a lift now... down to the beach and doughnut stall from the woods smiley - smiley

The River

Post 4

The Fish

Ming if you need a place for some ducks, there's always my pond...
All ducks, and other aquatic life is very welcomesmiley - smiley
http://www.h2g2.com/a331642

smiley - fish

The River

Post 5

Bluebottle

Well, they can travel from the pond to the river and back again, you know. smiley - smiley

The River

Post 6

Dead Frog

A river seems about the best place for a frog like me to be.

The River

Post 7

Ming Mang

Yes.
*agrees with Dead Frog*
*agrees with BB and The Fish*

¦M¦

The River

Post 8

The Fish

I would've thought you didn't need anything like "Rivers" DF...???

smiley - fish

*Thanks Ming, for being so "agreeable"smiley - smiley*

The River

Post 9

Bluebottle

Well, perhaps Dead Frog is confused, and thinks this is the river Stynx (or how-ever it's spelt). Still, it is a very nice river - perhaps we should start boat hire? Dop you think people would want to kyack down this river?

The River

Post 10

Ming Mang

That's OK, Fish... *agrees with The Fish that she was being agreeable*

Yes, I do think people would like to kayak down the river. smiley - smileysmiley - smileyI would, anyway... I liked kayaking last time I tried, anyway... smiley - winkeye

¦M¦

The River

Post 11

Bluebottle

I've never really kayacked in a river. I've canoed and surf-ski/wave-ski in the sea many a time, but never in a river.

The River

Post 12

Fashion Cat

Looks around hoping someone will want to help me in my kayak.. needs to people to really make it move.... smiley - sadface

And how about a bit for punts... that was great fun!

smiley - smiley

The River

Post 13

Bluebottle

Good idea - we'll have to make a whole river and pleasure boat area on this river - but if you want to take out a punt, I think I've got one spare smiley - smiley

The River

Post 14

Fashion Cat

If you feel like really diversifying, you could hire out boats for parties on the river at night.... though its not the same without having things like multi-million pound tents to laugh at is it...!

smiley - smiley

The River

Post 15

Ming Mang

How about a paddle steamer?? (smiley - winkeye!!)

¦M¦

The River

Post 16

Bluebottle

I don't think that the River's large enough for a paddle-steamer, but definately we could have some pleasure boats. Paddle cats and canoes, kayacks, that sort of thing. Would be great. smiley - smiley

The River

Post 17

Ming Mang

*agrees*
smiley - smiley

¦M¦

The River

Post 18

The Fish

*Drum roll*smiley - smiley

All your boat hiring needs can be resolved In one easy step!smiley - smiley
I've got a Boat Yard which is connected to my pond, where you can hire out Anything that floats, on, bellow or even above the water...
It's at http://www.h2g2.com/A360046
smiley - smiley

You're quite welcome to all go on a Kayacking Course, which will get you a "Grade 1" certificate...smiley - smiley

smiley - fish

The River

Post 19

Bluebottle

Okay, a boat yard. smiley - smiley
That's useful - I'll put a link to it from the River.

The River

Post 20

The Fish

smiley - smiley

Thanks BB.

smiley - fish

Did anyone see a large brown log floating in this direction?

Key: Complain about this post