This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I'm back! (GB)

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - runapologies for my recent absence but my laptop blew up and I had to wait till this week to go shopping, ended up with a pc in a screen, with a keyboard which required batteries but then would not talk to the actual computer, so a quick trip to Tesco for a keyboard with plug-in so I could connect it manually to the pc screen and off I go. Trouble is, I'm on Windows 10 for the first time and something called Microsoft Edge, can't find Internet Explorer and lost all my bookmarks, photos smiley - wah favourites, *sniff* at least I am back online, lucky I remembered my login, and not sure how long it will take me to get used to this new set-up, bear with me please smiley - cheerup

I'm back! (GB)

Post 2

FWR

Was the keyboard wireless sender in with the battery compartment. Mm took me ages finding ours!

I'm back! (GB)

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Yay! Welcome back smiley - biggrinsmiley - hug

Yeah, Windows 10 does take some getting used to, although I find it better than Windows 8, which made the change easier - I started a thread in Askh2g2 and got some helpful tips smiley - ok Edge is ok, but I prefer Firefox for everyday browsing...

Good luck with getting back up to speed smiley - goodlucksmiley - biggrin

I'm back! (GB)

Post 4

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Morning and welcome back smiley - biggrin

I'm back! (GB)

Post 5

You can call me TC

Download Chrome or Firefox if you don't like Edge. Good luck with it all!

I'm back! (GB)

Post 6

You can call me TC

And - welcome back! we're getting thinner and thinner on the ground these days.

Will you be able to see the Northern Lights tonight? (I think I read somewhere that they were predicted)

I'm back! (GB)

Post 7

Icy North

You should have Internet Explorer installed as well - it's just not the defailt. Click on the little window in the bottom left of the screen and search for "Internet Explorer". It will list the dektop app, which you click on to open.

Also, find it on your Most Used list, then drag the icon into your taskbar, so you can open it in future with a single click. smiley - smiley

I'm back! (GB)

Post 8

Icy North

I can't help you with your saved bookmarks, etc. Did you back up? You may be able to find them there.

I'm back! (GB)

Post 9

Chris Morris

How is it working now? I just bought an HP all-in-one two days ago. Last night MS were sending out their usual updates and this morning we switched the thing on and nothing happened for about an hour. It did eventually grind into action and seems fine now (my daughter has confiscated it to play Minecraft). Windows 10 is certainly going to take some getting used to - my laptop (which unlike yours hasn't actually blown up yet but may die at any moment) was bought when Windows 7 first came out - I can't remember how long ago that was. smiley - run

I'm back! (GB)

Post 10

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I've a friend who i having difficulties with Edge. You might try Pale Moon as a browser.

Good to have you back. smiley - magic

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

I'm back! (GB)

Post 11

Thanks everyone. I am afraid I passed on the wireless keyboard to my youngest - I hate buying batteries for necessary things and would have cursed the new keyboard & mouse requiring new batteries every so oftensmiley - flusteredso I am happier with plug-ins.

I haven't got anything back but luckily most of my precious photos are uploaded at Facebook (see, it has its uses) so I am busy rebuilding folders. Ditto bookmarks, I'll save stuff as I go along in my usual hitchhiker style! smiley - puff

smiley - towel

I'm back! (GB)

Post 12

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

err! so there's no need to post my semaphore flags to you then ?

I'm back! (GB)

Post 13

Nope smiley - winkeye

smiley - hug

I'm back! (GB)

Post 14

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

back to using them as hankies then smiley - run

Key: Complain about this post