This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

ah, you've got to love 'em

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

so here we are.

2 women have started work today in our Turkish office.
Only one has a passport and neither have a visa for Germany.
The computers are not yet bought for them, but when they are they will only have access to email but not our company system

Now my boss has realised that they can't come to us, so he called me today and asked which of the two of us in Germany will come to Turkey for "5 working days" (ie - get stuck there over the weekend) to train them...

That would be a big fat no from my colleague who gets married on the Saturday after next, and a big fat no from me.

At which point one of the managers in my office said to me that I should go, and take my daughters, they can stay in the hotel in Istanbul all day while I work in the office. Er

NO!

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

*speechless!

smiley - snork Are your bosses sane? smiley - rofl

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

This beggars belief! Let us know how your boss solves the problem.

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Oh, the mad souls...

smiley - towel

Post 5

HonestIago

Can I make an observation? They're clearly desperate - take advantage smiley - evilgrin

Say there's no way you can take just the Gruesomes and leave them alone in a hotel room in a strange city, it'd have to be the entire family, including smiley - chef. Then you all get a family holiday, for free.

Worst they can do is say no.

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

unfortunately, smiley - chef has to work (we have a family holiday to Sheffield - yes, I know - for the first two weeks of August and he can't get more time off) and the Gruesome Twosome have flatly refused to go.

I'm wondering, actually, why I'm actually even giving it a second's consideration.

Given the way they are behaving I think I'd be justified in walking out now. Anyway, now I have a concrete offer (the job, rather than Turkey) I can get hold of my union and get some good advice.

Post 7

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Behind this facade of hopeless incompetence, someone is rubbing zir hands together and smiling at zir cheshire cat and tank of piranha. I wonder what zir plan is?

TRiG.smiley - silly

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

they are Korean - at the risk of being a horrible racist if they have a cat and a piranha they will just add noodles and tofu and make a meal of it...
smiley - winkeye

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

Can I come to Istanbul and look after the Gruesomes while you work, Sho? I'd love to see the city.

I'm sure I could take them to some interesting hash dens as well as the obligatory trip through the Sultan's Harem.

Post 10

Malabarista - now with added pony

They should just train the Gruesomes, probably get more sense out of them.

Post 11

Sho - employed again!

stuff the Gruesomes, Gnomon, you can show me round Istanbul. every time I go there my boss says: oh this time we were too busy, but next time you simply MUST have a trip around the city smiley - grr

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

Of all the cities I've never been to, Istanbul is the one I know the best.

Post 13

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Interesting development, I'll wait with baited breath for further news smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Post 14

Sho - employed again!

smiley - rofl
they asked me today to start training them by video conference...

my answer, under the circumstances, was pretty polite. I didn't mention anything about the place where the sun doesn't shine smiley - angel

Post 15

HonestIago

That's kind of you: there's never any justification for mentioning Manchester in a work environment.

Post 16

Sho - employed again!

blimey, you really are an assimilated Yorkshireman, aren't you smiley - kiss

Key: Complain about this post