A Conversation for Robot Wars UK

Razer not Razor

Post 1

Ginger The Feisty

You have the name wrong. It is Razer not Razor. I should know as my cousins built the robot which I am hoping may make a surprise attendance at my wedding in September. Razer also won a similar contest in America last year. Whilst Razer will continue in the british contest, a new robot is being built for the american one!

Razer not Razor

Post 2

MadMunk?¿

A new Razer?
Wow. Are they going for the same sort of design as their current one? Or is it all "hush hush"?
BTW, will they be competing in Mayhem?
Right, that's it, you are now my source for all Razer based information! smiley - winkeye

MadMunk: Worlds greatest Razer fan.

Razer not Razor

Post 3

Global Village Idiot

Mea Culpa - Sub Ed

(I've always wanted to write that!) smiley - winkeye

Razer not Razor

Post 4

Ginger The Feisty

It's ok GVI. I wouldn't normally pick on something so trivial but I know my cousin's would be upset if they saw it.

As for the new bot, MadMunk, I have no idea what the design is. I know they need something bigger and stronger for the US - I believe the rules are slightly different. I would be amazed if they weren't going for Mayhem. They have also promised tickets for the next contest - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razer not Razor

Post 5

MadMunk?¿

Okay Ginger, i will check out their website to see if there's any design specs on there....
Yeah, i can see why they need a stronger bot for the states, even though Razer did really well out there last year.
I'm hoping to get tickets for Mayhem, and if Razer is there, i'll definately have to try my hardest to get some. smiley - smiley

Razer not Razor

Post 6

Ginger The Feisty

They won about £2500 and annihalated the american competition so I guess you could say they did really well! smiley - winkeye

Razer not Razor

Post 7

MadMunk?¿

Yes, i think that qualifies as doing really well. smiley - smiley
From what i gather from various sources (most of them not entirely accurate), i believe they come top in the heavyweight Melee event. I'm not sure how they did in the one-on-one competition. Am i right, or blaring off target?
smiley - winkeye

Razer not Razor

Post 8

Cutlery, co-founding Freak and Patron Saint of Cutting Remarks ?¿

Dammit I know nothing about American robot wars apart from the fact that it's far cooler (I've seen the Master in action, but I believe that was way back in 1996....)

Razer not Razor

Post 9

MadMunk?¿

The Master. Now THAT was a cool (and original) design. Yeah, i think it was '96 that it won the American wars... not sure exactly.
Take a look at Nightmare though (try http://www.robotwars.com or http://www.battlebots.com . I used to go on those all the time, and i can't remember which has pictures of nightmare, maybe both.). That is hypnodisc taken to the extreme. American robotwars is FAR cooler. Bots are built to battle there, and not just to look good.

Razer not Razor

Post 10

Yeah, I wish they'd televise US robot wars here... it's not too violent at all.

Razer not Razor

Post 11

MadMunk?¿

I don't think they actually televise it in the states (i'm not entirely sure on this). The live event is recorded though... so i don't really see a reason why they shouldn't broadcast it over here, as a one off. Or maybe a different round each week or something (coz its a one day event i think, not meant to be shown as a series).

Razer not Razor

Post 12

I've seen it broadcast on it'll never work... that's when I saw the master.

Razer not Razor

Post 13

MadMunk?¿

Ditto, actually. They also seemed to make a lot of fuss over La Machine, interviewed the team and everything. Geez that was years ago now.... thats how i first heared about it. It was only a short thing though... it wasn't like, a full tournement or anything... unless i missed something. smiley - winkeye

But it did work

Post 14

JonnyDoom (Bassman's son. Please excuse poor spelling!!)

But it did work coz we even have our own
series! Personally i want Hypnodisk 2 to win smiley - cool

But it did work

Post 15

Shorty

I see what you mean about nightmare on the battlebots site. Looks pretty lethal, see for yourselves [Broken link removed by Moderator]

If anyone is interested I am currentley designing a robot for entry into the 5th UK wars, and if I get the chance I'll pull Razer apart smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post