A Conversation for Nintendo 64 - the Gaming Console

How could you...

Post 1

Olli

...omit Perfect Dark from the future section, eh? eh?

How could you...

Post 2

The Cheese

Shite! I did? I could've sworn I put it in there.

Sorry...

How could you...

Post 3

Shaggy

It's out today, but you need an expansion pack to make full use of this monster of a game!smiley - smiley

How could you...

Post 4

Robbo

I think on any console there are games which are aimed at children. But i got my N64 at 27 and i bloody loved Mario whether it was a kids game or no! There are lots of games aimed at the older gamer though, i think the n64 is aimed at all age groups.

How could you...

Post 5

Mike A (snowblind)

Perfect Dark is a ripoff of Goldeneye and it sucks a bit too

How could you...

Post 6

Head Custodian

Yeah right, Perfect Dark is the coolest. It's made by the same team as Goldeneye, so it's not a ripoff. That's the whole point, that it's like Goldeneye, only better. New weapons, smarter enemys, more multiplayer options make it a great game!

How could you...

Post 7

Mike A (snowblind)

Of course it's a ripoff! Same levels, gaudy graphics, stupid guns...maybe I'm just more down-to-earth than the rest of you smiley - winkeye

How could you...

Post 8

Head Custodian

What are you talking about, same levels? The guns are cool as hell too!

How could you...

Post 9

Mike A (snowblind)

On the multiplayer....there's one level which is a karbon-kopy of a Goldeneye multiplayer. Exceot it's gaudy and looks silly
The guns are something you can't relate with. When I'm killing someone, I wanna be able to say to myself "this is an M16 in my virtual hands!" Insyead, I have to make do with a flourescant blue box...with a barrel...

How could you...

Post 10

Head Custodian

lol, I suppose that's a bit true with the guns, but I still like em. How can you say no to a sniper rifle that is so powerful you can put a shot through a guys eyeball? I actually like playing that level that is exactly the same, so I don't see any problem with it.

How could you...

Post 11

Mike A (snowblind)

Of course, it will be down to taste. My tastes are different to yours, hence we are here!

You can plug 'em through the eye in Goldeneye, it's just nothing different happens. That's left to the imagination....which is something else I like about Goldeneye smiley - smiley

How could you...

Post 12

Head Custodian

Yeah but you've got to love the spurts of blood that shoot out of them! smiley - smiley Plus, How cool is it when you shoot a dude and he rolls off the roof?

How could you...

Post 13

Mike A (snowblind)

Oh yeah, that's cool! And falling off....I'll be seeing that in The World Is Not Enough smiley - bigeyes

How could you...

Post 14

Head Custodian

i'm pumped for that

How could you...

Post 15

Mike A (snowblind)

It reminds me of Half-Life

How could you...

Post 16

Shaggy

Blimey, that's one heated discussion! Will make my own mind up when I get to play the game, at the moment I am having too much fun with Worms Armagedon! Very old and very the same as the old ones but still adictive as hell.

As for the sniper rifle, your right tres cool, and espeically the sound effects of the shells falling to the floor make Goldeneye purely one of the best games for a console ever!

How could you...

Post 17

Robbo

Right you guys seem to know your games. I have a question about DK 64. Yes i know im sad but i reached the end of it only last month but im at the bit where Chunky is boxing K Rool. I just cant do it, i cant even hit the bugger. Can anyone help me PLEASE cos i just want to complete it so i can go on to Perfect Dark.

Thanks

Perfect dark, Turok ...

Post 18

Kazuya

The Nintendo 64 aims in to different directions: children and killers. The best ego-shooters and the best deathmatches are designed for N64. Although we had lots of fun with Rage Wars, Perfect Dark has the best Deathmatch Mode ever. 200 different animations of people dying is terrific and its realism tops Goldeneye or Rage Wars. At the moment I'm playing Turok 3 and I loved this game from the very first moment. The first 2 Turok games were quite boring because of the leveldesign and very frustrating because of a lack of safepoints. Turok 3 ist different - it's fast, it's fair and they tried to use every single bit of the old N64.
I hate Pokemon, but one aspect of the Pokemania is interesting: The old N64 is the best-selling console at the moment and Nintedo earned more money than they ever dreamed of. This will give them the opportunity to face Sony in the next generation console war. I hope they will invest that money in the development of the Gamecube and great games, so that Nintendo's 128 bit machine will become a success.
I am not convinced by Sony's PS2, first I considered to buy the PS2, but I watched the development of their games and the developer's attempts to handle to strange hardware architecture. I think that some developers will leave Sony because the development of games is too expensive and takes too long. SEGA lacks the ability of marketing and advertisement, the Gamecube hides...I think they will all join Microsoft's X-Box project, and if they don't want to join they will be bought bei Microsoft.
Strange enough (for I am a Linux user) the X-Box is quite interesting to me, I guess that Gates doesn't make half-hearted things. The X-Box will be the strongest and best console ever without the errors and mistakes of Sega, Sony or Nintendo.
I am a multiformat player (PSX, DC, N64) and I dislike things like "my console is better than yours". I will watch the next generation war and I think we players will profit from the competition between the different consoles.
Only one thing I can say for sure: I won't buy a Playstation2. While I'm waiting for X-Box or Gamecube I play with my Dreamcast and enjoy the brilliant games.

Greetings from the other end of the world,

Kazuya

How could you...

Post 19

JodaCast

Have you quite finished?
Personally im not worried about the next Gen consoles: What one to buy? Which is the most powerful? How much do they cost? etc... I will be quite content with my N64 for at least the next five months (Anyone who saw the Air Galleon Attack level in Rare's "Dinosaur Planet" will know exactly why). There is still a great line up of games, "TWINE", "ZELDA MM", "BANJO-TOOIE", "SIN and PUNISHMENT", "ETERNAL DARKNESS", and "CONKERS BAD-FUR DAY", to name just a few!
Rest assured there's life within the old girl yet and developers are still finding new ways to code the N64 games pushing yet more colours and more poly's out of our screens.
(What about Voice Regconition routines in "HEY YOU PIKACHU!". Programming that on the N64 is quite ingenious).

How could you...

Post 20

Kazuya

I just finished Turok 3 - the final battle against Oblivion was really tough - and in the retrospective I have to admit that this game was one of the best N64 games I ever played - although it seemed a little bit short to me for I finished it in about 8 hours. But the story was great, full of suprised and the end promised a Turok 4 on Nintendo's gamecube.
You're absolutely right, N64 is a fantastic machine with great and innovative games!

Kazuya

Key: Complain about this post