A Conversation for Mohammed - the Prophet

Islam

Post 1

Shaggy

Small question:

I have heard from Muslims that the prophet Muhammed encouraged his followers to wage war against those that worshipped idols.
Is this true?

smiley - cool

Islam

Post 2

Amon

If I remember right (I'll look it up later) Mohammed (PBOH) only waged war when Muslims rights to worship were denied. I don't think Islam is allowed to start a war at all (they must be provocation). But boy it does say to finish it (unless the other side begs for mercy). I really should right an article about Islam (a good one)Anybody want one?

Islam

Post 3

Muqtadee

Amon is right. But perhaps in the expression you heard 'wage war' was used in the way we say 'wage war on poverty', i.e. not literally.

Islam

Post 4

GTBacchus

<>

*raises hand*

I do. I just bought a Koran today, as part of my new project to learn a bit about Islam, and Islamic culture. A good Guide Entry would be super!

Islam

Post 5

Blair Bear

I'll put my hand up as well, with a hell of alot of religious intollerance in the Western world at the moment it would be good for people to have an unbiased view, I'm about to head into Indonesia which has the largest Moslem population in the world (200,000,000) and the negative comments I keep getting whenever I mention it are an indication of how closed minded people are about different religions and races.

Islam

Post 6

Muqtadee

Hope you enjoy uour visit there, especially the food!smiley - smiley

'"Selamat Jalan!" as they say out there.

Thanks

Post 7

Blair Bear

It is nice to getsome encouragement from people, as I said all I seem to get so far is negative vibes. I'll post a bit of an entry when I get back, about the culture and my experiences over there.
Cheers smiley - cheers
Blair

Islam

Post 8

The one with six (6) cats

If you want a collaborator... I am also Muslim and will be glad to help.

Islam

Post 9

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

This reads like interesting stuff *goes off to hunt down some more articles*

Islam

Post 10

the Shee

Oops, I didn't see this before I started... I searched for "Islam" and "Muslim", but not "Mohammed".... I've got an entry somewhat completed at A804908, should someone like to comment or add anything... smiley - erm It's an overview of course; it's very difficult to put an entire religion that has lasted years and years into something short enough that people might actually read in one sitting...

Islam

Post 11

Researcher 202452

The prophet Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him did not say you should start war on the idol worshippers directly. In Islam you are taught that there are those who follow the right path and those who follow the wrong bath and people who are unaware of Allah. You are not allowed to just go around starting wars and killing people no matter who they are. The only time muslims should go to war is when the Idol worshippers or unbelievers live you with no choice. A act of voilence should be used as a last resort. What is ment is that you (fellow muslims) should leave people to live there lives how they want unless they start to attack you and give you no alternitive. I hope this was helpfull. For more information go to www.Islam.com

Islam

Post 12

Rik Bailey

salaam amon.

A bit late on the scene but i'm here now. how you doing, as you've always been a voice of reason in the threads on my articles i would love to read an article on this subject from you.

Adib

Removed

Post 13

Researcher 3705245

This post has been removed.

Islam

Post 14

Rik Bailey

hmmm very mature.

Islam

Post 15

faisal_xtnd

well who said that.first of all worshipping idols is bad. remember the story of abraham. secondly Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)waged war after years of provocation and only when the unbelievers broke the peace treaty. in the entire life of Mohammed as the prophet only 1000 people were killed in the battle fields. in the conquest of Mecca only 24. and when he conquered Mecca he didnt take revenge from any and hardly punished any. he however destroyed all the idols at Kabah, the cubical building you might have seen on tv but only 24 people were killed. you call that a war. do you know how hany iraqis were killed in US led war? 10000 according to one report some years ago. ten times more than those who were killed in Mohammed's entire life.

Islam

Post 16

faisal_xtnd

well who said that.first of all worshipping idols is bad. remember the story of abraham. secondly Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)waged war after years of provocation and only when the unbelievers broke the peace treaty. in the entire life of Mohammed as the prophet only 1000 people were killed in the battle fields. in the conquest of Mecca only 24. and when he conquered Mecca he didnt take revenge from any and hardly punished any. he however destroyed all the idols at Kabah, the cubical building you might have seen on tv but only 24 people were killed. you call that a war. do you know how hany iraqis were killed in US led war? 10000 according to one report some years ago. ten times more than those who were killed in Mohammed's entire life.
still you want to know more feel free to. contact me at
[email protected]

Key: Complain about this post