A Conversation for Where in the World?

Kick off

Post 81

Gobnet O'Lunacy (R127840)

You don't have very much to say really, do you?

Kick off

Post 82

cuddlyevil

Nothing wrong with "citizen of the world" status. It probably makes life much more fun...
My current area of residence is the USA; Dayton, Ohio to be exact.

Kick off

Post 83

Cidhis - Mask

Gigha was fine last I was there, haven't spent much time there recently though...

Kick off

Post 84

Wait Here I'll Get Help :)

I'm from Toronto, Canada smiley - smiley

Kick off

Post 85

kgb

what's a texan?

kgb

Kick off

Post 86

Trillian's child

I wonder does it matter where we're from. As travellers we're more likely to report on places we go to rather than the ones we have around us all the time so much we don't even notice them (who's been to their own local museum, for example...probably about 5% of the world's population or less. But who's been to the Louvre or the British Museum ..... probably more) So I could imagine inventing a cyberworld and everyone living where they like. As far as this site is concerned. Or to keep it more realistic, attributes could be allocated to planets and we could claim to live on certain planets. As everyone else on that planet chose to live there, they all like that kind of thing and get on well with each other.

On the other hand perhaps not. But I am not sure if all these people really do come from where they say they do. If I said I lived in Australia no one could prove the opposite.

I trust in everybody's honesty, but would still ask for some proof, such as interesting details that only locals would know about... whoops I think I'm getting into deep water here...

Kick off

Post 87

Chaos

Right now I live in Stuttgart/Germany. Don't even try to ask where I'm originally from, or else I'll have to tell you the story of my life... (CAUTION: bore potential!)

Trillian's child: How can I proove that to you? beeing from Mercedes Town means not knowing where other cars are built..? smiley - winkeye

Kick off

Post 88

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hi Trillian's child,

maybe you're right, but on the other hand it's quite interesting how big the h2g2 community is. Different places, diffrent stories - it is just a starting point to meet other people.

So maybe all of you will come to a house-warming-party on this Saturday evening(7 or 8 continental time), which a friend of mine, CyyStCyr is giving. The link is http://www.h2g2.com/A347140

Kasia

Kick off

Post 89

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

continental time? which continent?

Kick off

Post 90

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Sorry, my mistake. I meant the european continental time!

Kasia

Key: Complain about this post