A Conversation for Where in the World?

Kick off

Post 41

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

For what it's worth, I'm from Portsmouth, Hampshire (the original, not the new one) in England.

We're trying to argue out a local meeting over in the Portsmouth, Hampshire article (which if I could put html in here) would be

http://www.h2g2.com/A292349

So, if we ever do agree on a date and venue, be sure to drop in if you happen to be near the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Kick off

Post 42

Jolle

hallo

Another one from Denmark

~Jolle

Kick off

Post 43

Miriam

St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles, Caribbean smiley - smiley

Kick off

Post 44

Buff

Woodstock, New York, USA. (fishbowl of the gods)

Kick off

Post 45

Pseudemys

A great idea... can I suggest an enhancement? Every time you note somebody's whereabouts, you give them a tag so they end up listed on the right hand side? Just a thought.

And now back to the topic in hand... BUT are we talking about birthplace, current domicile or smiley - smiley tax haven here? I was born in Kingsbury, London, England (and if you want to be REALLY precise, at 5am in Kingsbury Maternity Hospital) and am currently residing in Utrecht in The Netherlands. However, I do flit from country to country in a mildly pleasing sort of 'citizen of the world' sort of way, and this is always subject to change. The only thing that's stable is my email address (well, fairly stable). Perhaps I should go down as 'Cyberspace' ? smiley - smiley

Kick off

Post 46

AXR (empty)

Berlin, Germany, is the city where I'm from

but right now I'm in Zaragoza, Spain (just six months), a little bit annoyed, that the weather last week at home was a lot better smiley - sadface

AXR

Kick off

Post 47

Insane Endeavour

Reading, Berkshire, Britain. Lovely little place. If you come here you really learn to appreciate wherever it was you came from! But hey, it's home.

Kick off

Post 48

Abi

Right the page is now updated again. I had thought of referencing you all - but I am afraid that at the moment I don't simply have time to do over one hundred researchers. Plus you need to reference them on the page in order to get listed down the right hand side. But If I can find away of doing it I will! smiley - smiley

Kick off

Post 49

Jasinee

I'm from Roseburg, Oregon USA

But am living in Thailand at the moment (Phayakkhaphumpisai, Mahasarakam )

Kick off

Post 50

Abi

Cal would you like to be counted as Thailand or USA - you get a choice!

Kick off

Post 51

Varjo

Terve!
Yet another researcher from the far flung northern country of Finland!

Kick off

Post 52

lena

Great idea that thing.
I'm from Berlin, Germany.

Kick off

Post 53

Jasinee

OOh a choice!! Aren't I the lucky one. Well, I'd better go with USA Thailand's only my "home away from home" as it were.

Kick off

Post 54

orangerocket

United Kingdom
(Though trying to find a way to get out of this over taxed, grey, miserable prison island).

Kick off

Post 55

GREEBO

Im in Birmingham England ( right in the Middle)!

Kick off

Post 56

Wakan

I'm from Norway smiley - smiley
Count me in, please..

Wakan

Kick off

Post 57

MrLemming, Researcher 12594

Finspång, Östergötland, Sweden.

/Eric "the Lemming" Svensson

Kick off

Post 58

Weeble

Well I'm from Leigh-on-Sea, in Essex, UK (see http://www.h2g2.com/A311707 for info about it) Though I'd like to move to SF in the future...

...anyone a green card going free?

Kick off

Post 59

miss celie

I'm originally from Oslo, Norway. Currently my work brings me to Scotland, but I'll go back to Norway someday. Preferably after having lived and seen several other places and countries. And I wouldn't say no to a Green Card either!

Kick off

Post 60

Jeff - Lurker <lurk> - nostalgia overload!

This researcher reporting from Longview, Washington State in the USA.

Fish: It's what's for dinner smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post