A Conversation for H2G2 Space Centre

The Engine Room

Post 1

Moose: Keeper of the Slant

You walk into a brightly lit room with control panels and output displays covering the walls. Tools, Instruments, Gadgets, and Gizmos of every kind litter every available space. One doorway leads to a large open area housing the main engines. A second door is closed with a small sign on the door reading, "A. Moose, Chief Engineer" A smaller sign below reads "No object too complex, No repair too large."

As you are looking around a man dressed in metallic micro-polymer power suit with all sorts of ports and special areas for integrated tools enters from the main engines holding lengths of wire. Attached at his waist are several rolls of different widths and sizes of Duct Tape.

The man removes the helmet from the suit, smiles, and greets you, "Hello, Welcome to the engine room. Is there anything I can do for you today?"

The Engine Room

Post 2

Alien

No, nothing special... Just checking everything's in order... smiley - smiley

The Engine Room

Post 3

Everything is great, just working on upgrading the engine efficiency right now. Feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do for you. Thanks for stopping by!

The Engine Room

Post 4

GreeboTCat

Hey Moose... ~grin~... can you fix this??? ~Greebo hands over a half eaten doughnut...~

Me wants it whoel again please...

The Engine Room

Post 5

I can do you one better, I'll need to scan it's composition into this matter-reader I built. *takes donut and places it in a complicated looking device*

There, now we transmit the pattern into this matter-constructer. *takes the donut and places it in another machine* and press the red button. *a light and then a whole donut sits in the machine* There we are.

and now the one better I promised you *presses button again, another donut appears in the space* there's a second one for you.

Unfortunately that's all the machine has energy for, It can only do that once a day but the pattern is stored. If you want a donut you can just press this up button until the word "donut" appears and press the red button. that's all you need to do. Stop by again soon!

The Engine Room

Post 6

GreeboTCat

~Greebo hungrily eats the doughnuts...~

Why has it not got infinite energy mister moose?

The Engine Room

Post 7

Nobody can make infinite energy, They can get close but not quite, and those take up huge amounts of space. This machines too small to have very much of an energy supply, but what I could do is tie it into the main engines, It would have enough energy for plenty of donuts, but it'll have to be shut off if we need power for the engines or if we have an emergency. I'll make a copy and install in your hangar if you want.

The Engine Room

Post 8

GreeboTCat

Now that would be jolly decent of you... ~grin~

The Engine Room

Post 9

Ernesto Pix

~Ernesto walks in and SCREAMS!!!!.......Then relaxes and grins Greeboishly~

Oh It's just you Moose. I thought that it was that Sir Galihad dream again.

I thought that I'd come by and get some of that bailing wire and some other stuff. Seems that I have a hole in my wall, and I am in need of matterials.

Oh yea, I've run out of power ports, could you set me up a small fission reactor to run my flashes and other electro doohickes?
~hands Moose a box of chocolate glazed doughnuts and canister of milk~

The Engine Room

Post 10

Let's see, Fission reactor, miniturized... I can build that. I'll have to call up some supplies but I can have one to you in two torsians of wool covered farm animal's posterior attachment.

Thanks for the doughnuts and milk, I'd better hide these before... *looks in the box, three donuts are gone and a fourth has a bite taken out of it* Greebo...

The Engine Room

Post 11

Ernesto Pix

To late Moose, Greebo has ESDP (Extra Sensory Doughnut Perception), It's like trying to hide a haystack around a needle.smiley - winkeye

The Engine Room

Post 12

So I've noticed...

Key: Complain about this post