This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

NaJoPoMo 2015 Bobstafford Woolands

Post 1

bobstafford

NaJoPoMo 2015 Bobstafford A Message in a bottle

getting cold

Out on my walk today, I have noticed a distinct drop in temperature out on the open country lately, noticeably warmer in town. With all the talk of a foul winter in our corner of the world.

We make such a fuss about the extremes here but other countries suffer much worse.

I enjoy the cold more the hot weather a walk in the Autumn is much more enjoyable. And prior to the hunt ban following the hunt (not interested in the hunt but it was a spectacle, Drag hunting is to predictable) was a good excuse to get out and brave the weather.

The oak woods in the forest was wonderful today even though the weather kept other people at home (good).

The New Forest in the winter is probably the best of all but I don't get to visit much as its to far since my last move.
I did get a chance to walk through the Ardennes forest not long ago and that is magnificent, the wildlife is abundant and even though it is beautifully kept it has that unmanaged feel.

Depending on the weather off again to the forests again tomorrow Cannock Chase bring the closest.

Post 2

Smudger879n

When I was young, many years ago, I was a civilian volunteer in the local mountain rescue team, which was operated by the RAF.

The temperature would drop by around 12 degrees without warning. It's a totally different world up there in the mountains, one minute you've got all your warm clothing off, and the sun feels really warm on your face.

Then, it can change, suddenly and your putting all your warmer clothing back on, because your shivering with the cold!

It's the same when descending down from the mountain tops, the climate is constantly changing, if your not prepared for it,....................your in deep trouble, and if your found quick enough..........dead!smiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Crisp autumn days are really pleasant for getting out and about in, and seeing trees turning stunning colours. I also like crunching through the piles of leaves on the ground as well smiley - boing

This year has been more damp cold, though, which isn't as pleasant, and the leaves are all soggy on the ground, but the colour has been good, so that's not bad at all smiley - biggrin

That's interesting about the mountains - makes sens of my own mountain climbing experience when I was a child and went on a school trip - the teachers picked a nice day for it, so it was warm when we started, but then half way up a hailstorm happened and then at the top, at 1818 feet, the wind was howling round and it was cold but sunny at the same time. We were well prepared with clothing, though, so we were all OK, but glad to get back down to sea level as it was a very tiring day.

smiley - biggrin

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 5

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Our autumn is far too warm. Usually we should alread have a short first snow and then a bit warmer temperatures again, but generally quite frosty. This year we have many weeks of temperatures around 20°C, which is far too warm. Only in the mornings it is a bit cold.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more