This is the Message Centre for bobstafford

The Pope and the environment

Post 1

bobstafford

The Pope has demanded action on the environment and global ruin. At last a powerful ally for the working to stop global warming.

smiley - ok

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I think i's really good that he did that. I'm not a fan of the church and I definitely don't agre with a lot of things they say, but this really is a good move.

I know many complain that the pope should not interfere with things like that and that it's not his business. But I think anyone who has influence should use it for good things like that. Many still listen to what the pope says, especially in poorer countries.

Post 3

bobstafford

Yahoo reports that
Pope Francis is apparently, "the most dangerous in the world" according to Fox News.

Post 4

Bluebottle

Has Fox News ever looked at Rupert Murdoch? Sounds like a pot calling a smiley - chocolateteapot black - or is that 'a pot calling a font containing holy water'...?

<BB<

Post 5

bobstafford

He has every reason to get involved as he represents many people who will be worst hit by climate change, and many people who are in a position to help avoid the disaster or at least soften the blow.

Post 6

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I absolutely agree with that bob.

Post 7

bobstafford

Not being a Catholic and so with no religious bias, I just believe his involvement could benefit everyone.

Pity we can only do our little bit to help

Post 8

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

if all the worlds faith leaders condemned those that commit atrocities in the name of their religion and said that those people and they're supporters are no longer of that faith, that would go a long way to help

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bobstafford

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more