This is the Message Centre for Alien

Music is my life?

Post 1

Alien

First meeting with the new piano teacher today - and it seems that I finally have a teacher who's just perfect for helping me getting further with playing and "improve my technique" as they say... Next year's goal is to get to Sibelius-Academy then, I guess, and it doesn't even seem so distant anymore as it did before I met the teacher... Although already in May when I got recommended to this teacher I already dared to dream about the Academy... But now... Great great great!! smiley - smiley Happy happy happy!! smiley - smiley
And I also got the last spring's music theory's exam back today - got the best possible grade!! Although I thought I was in real trouble when doing the exam... Happy happy for that too!! smiley - smiley
So the dream might be coming true... Although it needs a lot work... But... Doesn't matter... smiley - smiley
Life's great!! smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Music is my life?

Post 2

King Cthulhu of Balwyniti

smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley
*Alien rounds a corner near her home in Kirkkonummi, Finland. As she does, she is shocked to see an enormous grandstand has been constructed in her path. As she gets closer, she can hear a roar as of hundreds of thousands of people cheering. Slowly she starts to distinguish that they are chanting something. No, it's not Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! at all, it's actually 'Anni! Anni! Anni! Anni!' Alien enters the stadium and is ushured by an usher to a spectacular Grand Piano in the style of an intergalactic spaceship. Sitting down on the stool, she has a brief moment to reflect on the weird turns her life keeps taking before the crowd subsides into an unfathomable silence, waiting for her to begin to play. She checks the music in front of her, noting, without any apparent surprise, that it is 'Always look on the bright side of Life'. She looks towards the conductor of the Vienna Boys choir, who are going to sing the afore-mentioned song, and giving a breif nod of her head, begins to play......*

A brief glimpse of the future, perhaps? smiley - smiley
Congratulations, Anni Laineen Ikioma Extraterrestriaali Netti(sivusto) smiley - fish

Music is my life?

Post 3

Alien

smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley
*after having played ALOTBSOL she begins playing Beethoven's Sonata Pathetique with such a great force it scares away all the birds within a mile*

And lol - do you know what that "Anni Laineen etc." means? smiley - smiley

Music is my life?

Post 4

Why, but of *course* I do (not) I make no claims to knowing any other languages, and if I had any idea what I was saying I would have mutilated it like I do French, which I can almost pretend to know smiley - smiley

*Having finished playing Sonata Pathetique, Anni begins pounding out Fur Elise with great gusto, confusing the crowd who are used to hearing played sotto*

Music is my life?

Post 5

Alien

lol smiley - smiley
Anni Laineen Ikioma Extraterrestriaali Nettisivusto is something like Anni Laine's very own extraterrestrial website... smiley - smiley That's why it was funny you quoted it there... smiley - smiley
Vous parlez francais?? Ah, mais maintenant je me rappelle que tu l'as me dit... Francais n'est past facile... Et je ne le parle pas trés bien... smiley - sadface

Music is my life?

Post 6

Oui, je parle Francais! Certainment, mon ami. As for the rest - I don't know why you are rappelling anywhere, French is very fun, and you speak (or at any rate, type smiley - smiley) it very well. See, even the bits I don't know I can guess, and even rappelle I know doesn't mean what I said, so it's a start smiley - smiley

I had a feeling it meant something like that, but because I don't pretend to know, I have full license to use it wherever I want smiley - smiley If you hadn't told me I may well have just made it the title to my h2g2 'personal space' ;-P

Music is my life?

Post 7

And why isn't ;-P a face? It's just not right, dammit! smiley - smiley

Music is my life?

Post 8

Alien

Ton ami? Monsieur, je crois que je préfère d'être ton *amie*... D'accord? Vous ne puvez pas oublier les e:s... smiley - winkeye Damn French is hard - I can't say anything I want to - have to use the words I know which aren't too many... Oh well...

And of course you can use Finnish phrases where ever you want... I would've only sued you if you had put that one into your space... smiley - winkeye

And actually, I think it wouldn't be that easy to wink and stick out tongue at the same time - perhaps that's why it isn't a face... smiley - smiley Although they are planning to add more faces in the near future - perhaps that should be suggested...

Music is my life?

Post 9

Well that's interesting - according to baelfish (altavista) you would prefer to be my friendly smiley - smiley Apparently, I do not puvez to forget the e:s....smiley - smiley Anyway, I'm happy just to have remebered the word, never mind correct gender.......

Personally I'm sure it's not that difficult to poke out your tongue and wink at the same time.......
*proves himself right*
I would, however, judging by the rather odd looks I just got in the computer lab, suggest that the combination makes you look rather like someone who has got their tongue and eyelash stuck in a threshing machine of some sort....... I've just noticed how very proper your use of just three dots is - it's a correction I avoid at all costs when using word processors........................smiley - smiley

Anyway, back to the show...

*Having confused the audience with Fur Elise, Alien (or Anni Laine - Extraterrestriaali) takes a moment to pause and contemplate the wonder of the thousands upon thousands of adoring fans ringed around the stadium. Having duly considered the situation, and decided that the only thing wrong is that the stadium is not nearly big enough to do justice to her fame, she breaks into an extended version of her world-wide hit, "Anteeksi, oletko nähnyt pyyhettäni?", performed to the tune of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture and sung by the Vienna Boys Choir, who had been getting a little bored -
Anteeksi, oletko nähnyt pyyhettäni?
Voisitko toistaa sen?
Anteeksi, oletko nähnyt pyyhettäni?
Voitko neuvoa minulle tien rautatieasemalla?
Voitko neuvoa minulle tien rautatieasemalla?
Anteeksi, oletko nähnyt pyyhettäni?*
;-P

Music is my life?

Post 10

Alien

Don't believe altavista's babelfish, it knows nothing... smiley - tongueoutsmiley - smiley

LOL! LOL! LOL!
But you know what - I'm not a composer... smiley - smiley Although if I only made the lyrics it might work... Hmm... There's a mistake in the railway-station-one btw - you took that from magrathea's entry, didn't you? I thought he had corrected it... Oh well...

And... Three dots (what's the other word for those? I never remember it...) are useful, aren't they... smiley - smiley

Music is my life?

Post 11

............................................................................ is, I believe, the official Microsoft name of those three little dots...smiley - smiley

If you notice though, you didn't really compose anything (just directly plagarised the Overture and stuck in some silly lyrics). In fact, I'm offended by the way you have just passed off a classic as your own and sold it to an unwitting public.smiley - smiley And I did spot the mistake, I was just being kind enough to overlook it smiley - tongueout

So what do you think of my vision of the future? Unbelievably accurate? If so, can I be your manager? smiley - smiley

Music is my life?

Post 12

Alien

Oh, but Microsoft probably doesn't know the right word... I'm sure it starts with s... But I NEVER remember it!! smiley - sadface

And I did notice I only made the lyrics, that's why I said so... smiley - tongueoutsmiley - smiley

Of course you could be my manager... smiley - smiley

*as the concert is over, Alien waits until the audience is gone and then drags the grand piano home with her because she doesn't have one yet*

Music is my life?

Post 13

Okay, well as manager my standard cut is 74.3% *quietly hoping that it was percentages that she slept through*, and I give you final control of all song writing except when I deem fit to make you play Ace of Base songs, or unless I feel like it. smiley - smiley

*Cthulhu swings by with his Grand Piano transporter (as all good managers should have) and takes the piano to Aliens house for her. Unfortunately, he forgets to pick up Alien as well, and so circles around until he runs into her again. "Er, sorry about that. Which way was it again?" Alien just stares unimmpressed at him*

Music is my life?

Post 14

Alien

What? You want to be payed as well?? Hmm... 74.3% of what? Of the usual pay? Well if you think that's enough for you...

It's that way.
*points the direction and Cthulhu drives away leaving her behid again*
Well that's- *sigh*

Music is my life?

Post 15

74.3% of all royalties - no, 74.2% (since I keep leaving you behind) smiley - smiley

*He looks in the rear view mirror to see her resignedly clumping down the road. "Can't that girl sit on a seat? Oh. I probably should have opened the door. Damn......"
Wheels round again*

Music is my life?

Post 16

Alien

No way are you going to get that much... smiley - tongueoutsmiley - smiley We can discuss that later, can't we... *hopes that he'll forget it by then*

*almost gets run over by Cthulhu*

Music is my life?

Post 17

Never! I have a memory like a steel....what are those things called again? smiley - smiley

*Cthulhu draws to a safe stop many millimetres from Aliens back. Kindly opening the door for her, he leans over to help her into the cab, accidently knocking the handbrake as he does...*

Music is my life?

Post 18

Alien

I know, it's those... those... damn... I've forgotten... What were we talking about?

*Fortunately they're not atop of a hill - the car only rolls down from halfway of it and crashes into a tree, miraculously staying in one piece. Alien who almost fell off because she had no time to close the door stares at Cthulhu for a while, frowns and says: "Mind if I drive?"*

Music is my life?

Post 19

Don't worry, I won't forget my cut.......smiley - smiley

*Cthulhu reflects briefly before replying "Perhaps you should - I hadn't even noticed that we were on a hill.....Do you know how to work a double-clutch?". With a smile of (apparent) absolute competence, Alien slides over into the drivers seat. "Can't be any harder than a pianos foot-pedals. Which one was the double-clutch again?"
Before he even has a chance to respond, the truck is rolling again, over the smashed tree...*

Music is my life?

Post 20

Alien

*... and safely back to the road* smiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post