A Conversation for 'Blackadder' - the TV Series

Black Adder

Post 1

Bluebottle

What about "Blackadder Christmas Carol?"

Black Adder

Post 2

Dinsdale Piranha

Didn't they also do a short for Comic Relief where Stephen Fry did a Prince Charles impression?

Black Adder

Post 3

MaW

What about the mention that Edmund wasn't Edmund Blackadder in the first series, he was Prince Edmund, who called himself "The Black Adder" (thank Baldrick that he didn't go with the name "The Black Vegetable").
And a mention perhaps of the "Whole Damn Dynasty" book which contains the scripts for series 1-4 (sadly not the Christmas Carol, where Blackadder, the kindest man in all England, is shown the error of his ways by three ghosts, and immediately abandons all semblance of goodness) as well as Medieval Medical Treatments, the menu for Mrs Miggins' Coffee Shoppe and an index of Blackadders finest insults?
Ah, it looks like I've mentioned them smiley - smiley

Black Adder

Post 4

Demon Drawer

It is rather remiss that there is no mention of the Dickensian part of the Blackadder dynasty. He may only have got 1/6th of the airtime of the other four but was just as hilarious, in fact come to think of it was it not a hour long special.

Black Adder

Post 5

Lord Lopper

That's right!
It was called "Blackadder - the Cavalier years" and the story surrounds the capture and execution of King Charles I (played by Stephen Fry in the manner of Prince Charles)
The execution was performed by Blackadder after using Baldrick's cunning plan of substituting a pumpkin-with-a-pathetic-moustache-painted-on-it for the King's head.

Black Adder

Post 6

Hazza

How about also mentioning Bob in the 4th series? He deserves a word or two.

Black Adder

Post 7

Demon Drawer

Excellent Chaffeur.

That's two words. smiley - smiley

Black Adder

Post 8

Bluebottle

And of course linking the people more.
Like Bob in II and IV
Flashheart in II and IV etc...

Black Adder

Post 9

Demon Drawer

A cunning plan smiley - smiley

Black Adder

Post 10

Beeblefish

But (ahem) how cunning was it?

(now there is a set-up)

Oh, and if you are going for specifics, you should mention that in II, Percy's full title is:

Lord Percy Percy, Heir to the Duchy of Northumberland.

And wow -- heard a rumor about new Blacky but didnt know it existed -- more details about Back and Forth Please!

~Beeblefish (Heir to Nothing) smiley - fish

Black Adder

Post 11

Bluebottle

As far as I know - only Mr Cynic on the guide's seen it so far. This year it is on exclusively at the Millenium Dome - the only reason to visit.

Black Adder

Post 12

Demon Drawer

Isn't Back and Forth going to be a film version with a modern day or futuristic Blackadder travelling through time meeting the ancestors. I think that's what is being planned.

Black Adder

Post 13

I Am Iron Man

It is presumably as cunning as a fox who's been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford University.

Black Adder

Post 14

John

For my sins I am the author of this entry and hopefully this response should cover most if not all of the questions and suggestions that you have all made.

Blackadder Back and Forth is as has been said a one of special for the Millennium Dome (see my home page). It is called a film but is really no more that an episode a good one but an episode all the same. I have the complete script and was about to do the up date the page when it was taken for approval.

There were many one off skits and sketches e.g. Comic Relief, Blackadder Back and Forth and the Christmas episode. I am more that happy to make additions to the page unfortunately I only have scripts and cast information for the main series and Blackadder Back and Forth. I am being sent information about the Christmas episode. I didn't mention the scripts book although I could. I just felt that as it was a once off publication, is no longer on sale and contained only minimal amounts of new material it didn't fit in to a page which was mainly about the TV series. However if I update the page then it may well feature.

Any information that any one has about sketches and especially the Dickensian episode would be much appreciated so I can make it as complete an entry as possible.

P.s. Take a look at the original article before editing on my home page it has pictures as well.

J.

Black Adder

Post 15

Bluebottle

*Being lazy*
Can I ask for the link? It will help the others too...

And it was a good article. smiley - smiley

Black Adder

Post 16

Horny Leprachaun

I reckon that Sky will get the rights to it in a few months, and after that, the Beeb themselves may show it...
There was an excerpt on the British comedy awards, in which Rik Mayall played Robin Hood, in typical Flashheart style. Blackadder and Baldrick were also present, in their usual capacity as main character and idiot to whom the whole plot has to be explained (to the advantage of any viewers who are a bit behind).

Black Adder

Post 17

Demon Drawer

BB you are getting lazy here

http://www.h2g2.com/A168950

BTW it does look good in the unauthorised version

Black Adder

Post 18

John

Thanks for the complimentsThanks for the compliments about the original version it is that, that will receive the update first with pictures from Blackadder back and Forth.

Out of interest is that Blue Bottle as in 'He's fallen in the water' Blue bottle?

Thanks again,

J.

Black Adder

Post 19

MaW

I'm not happy to hear about the scripts book not being in print anymore. It's excellent! It even has the words to the songs which finished each episode of Blackadder the Second in it. I suppose it's because it was printed as a Comic Relief fund-raising project that it's not available anymore. Oh well.

Black Adder

Post 20

Demon Drawer

I thought I saw it in paperback not too long ago. Maybe you should hunt it down.

Key: Complain about this post