This is the Message Centre for Ginger The Feisty

Ginger has got engaged to Doug! Congratulations!

Post 21

Doug Dastardly

The costume was easier, and I had two shoe-boxes for shoes! smiley - winkeye

Post 22

Ginger The Feisty

Never one to obey all the traditional rules I think that is a great idea - in fact I had already planned to have my real hen night involving lots of men, as participants in the celebrations rather than male strippers! When we set a date we will arrange something!

Post 23

Ginger The Feisty

Just don't leave the price tags on the soles - that is so embarrassing!

Post 24

Ginger The Feisty

It's fine by me! We'd let you have a photo but it's proving pretty difficult to find one where neither of us is pulling faces and if that one from the rounders gets used I'll sue! smiley - smiley

Post 25

Lochangel

*wanders in - eyes red from tears of happiness. Sees the happy couple and starts sobbing again enthusiastically* OMG it is such a beautiful story! *runs out again*

Post 26

Vestboy

Ferrety good wishes to the both of you.
What of Marriage names? Will it be Ginger Dastardly-The Feisty?
The Feisty - Dastardly? Keep just The Feisty or a complete name change all round?

And where is the wedding list? I want to know what a virtual wedding list looks like. Will it have ferrets on it?

Post 27

Mark Moxon

And tell me, Ginger: did you and Doug actually /meet/ on h2g2? Or is that just a rumour? smiley - smiley

Post 28

Ginger The Feisty

I'm afraid that isn't just a vicious rumour. It all started with 4 little words from Doug on a forum attached to one of the pages about Pantomimes, those words being "Oh no you're not". I think the title of the forum is "players".

Post 29

Ginger The Feisty

Definitely keeping my own name - I like to feistily fly in the face of convention! As for the wedding list, there will be a real one but if you wish to buy us virtual presents anything small, expensive and easily converted to cash will do! smiley - smiley

Post 30

Lochangel

See Mark I told you it was a magical place. John Donne summed it up best with:

"Sir, more then kisses, h2g2 mingles souls, for thus friends absent speak"

Ok that is entirely what he said but if he was around now I know he would change the quote! smiley - smiley

Post 31

Samson

Congratulations!
Will you both be sharing a homepage now, or is it too soon for that?

Best wishes

Post 32

Ginger The Feisty

There are times at the weekends where we forget whose URL we are using and the conversatyionsa already get confusing with me pretending to be Doug who is pretending to be me!

Post 33

Peta

Sounds a great idea! But we would need a virtual venue Jim ... smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye

Post 34

Yoz

A big shiny set of congrats from me too! Brilliant news!

So, come on, we want to hear the rest of the story...

-- Yoz, closet romantic

Post 35

Mr Carnitine

We have mutual aquantainces, so I'd thought I'd pop round to say congrats on the engagement.

Post 36

CrazyOne

Well, hell, I can't just let this go by, even if I don't "know" either of you very well. Congratulations! smiley - smiley

This sort of thing helps fuel my idealistic views of what can and does happen. smiley - winkeye

Anyway, I wish you much happiness. smiley - smiley

Greg

Post 37

Congratulations to the happy couple.... although, like Greg above, I've not seen you about... hey, what do you expect if you get a link from the front page smiley - smiley?

Have a really great time doing whatever you end up doing wherever you end up doing it.

Post 38

Samuel Pepys

I too dearest Lady, would be honoured to hear your tale. It would call to mind times long since passed and bitterly missed.

Post 39

Ginger The Feisty

Well now you both know where we are you can visit more often! Feel free to scout around while you are here !

Thanks for dropping in and the good wishes!

Post 40

Ginger The Feisty

So what do you want to know? I'm pretty sure Peta could fill you in on a lot of the details. We basically got talking about pantomimes on h2g2 in the days where it took about 2 hours for a forum to update, and it was pure chance we found the same page because there was no index and no helpful lists or anything! So we chatted for a while and then we chatted on some more forums and then one weekend all of our forums spent the whole weekend filling the 5 most popular forums. That was a tad embarrassing but it only got worse when Peta and Jan* left messages on our homepages suggesting we use ICQ and that they were chat forums and not chat-up forums! So we started e-mailing each other and I think we are up to about 4000 e-mails now. And then we started to phone each other and eventually we thought well we had better meet up. So we chose Oxford as being half way between our homes and on May 31st we met there, had a meal, went for a walk etc. We have seen each other every weekend since and we've done the whole meeting family things although meeting each others friends has been less successful! Last week on holiday was the longest we have been in each other's company and we got on brilliantly but then we knew we would anyway. And that's about it! Of course that is the heavily edited version as one never knows the age of people reading this!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ginger The Feisty

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more