A Conversation for Signs, Instructions and Warnings

First reactions

Post 1

Trillian's child

Loved it, loved it. If I wasn't recovering from an operation, I'd have split my sides, but I had to keep clicking away so as not to.

Refer to Richard Lederer's book "Anguished English". I keep it handy and have yet to open it without ending up in fits. It contains more of these type of things

Examples: "Buy our bikinis - they're simply the tops"

(Newspaper headline): "Judge rules over nude beach"

First reactions

Post 2

Bluebottle

Yay - I'm glad you liked it here. smiley - smiley
If you find any more jokes you think are great, let me know.. I just love these ones - a lot of them have been e-mailed to everyone about 40 times, but they're still great and unbelievable. smiley - smiley

First reactions

Post 3

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

There is a lot of these I didn't know, but one that I've heard about 20 times.. Do you make a database of all the jokes?

-- DoctoRMO --

First reactions

Post 4

Mr. Legion

I heard one that should fit in there somewhere. A washing powder manufacturer wanted to break into the Arabic market, so took out one of the standard 'before-after' ads in an Arabic newspaper. They had neglected to find out that things are read right-to-left in Arabic, so it appeared to readers that the clean clothes were going in and coming out filthy.

Not sure if it was Arabic, actually. Could have been Chinese. Which reads from right to left?

I love Pepsi Generation one, made me ROFLMAO

First reactions

Post 5

hehehe, thanks

-- DoctorMO --

First reactions

Post 6

Bluebottle

Israel perhaps?

I keep being e-mailed jokes like this. The ones I find funny get put online. smiley - smiley

<BB<

First reactions

Post 7

Hoovooloo

Chinese is written vertically, I think... Arabic or Hebrew are both right to left.

Car names which had to be changed included the "Nova", which didn't sell well in Spain where its name meant "doesn't go", and the Ford Pinto didn't appeal to the virile male Mexican population, what with the word "pinto" being slang for "small willy" and all...

H.

First reactions

Post 8

hehehehe.

-- DoctorMO --

First reactions

Post 9

Peta

The toyota MR2 had problems in France.

MR2 is pronounced M Er deux, which said with the appropriate french accent makes for a bit of a s****y car. smiley - smiley

First reactions

Post 10

Key: Complain about this post