A Conversation for TV Wrestling Fans

I wish I could do a story without any research...

Post 1

Researcher 202051

That's impressive, being able to do an editorial without any facts, research, etc. to back it up. I suppose that would be why they had to resort to "name-calling" to try and argue their opinion. It's funny how all they do is bash wrestlers about how stupid and silly they are, all the while making themselves just as stupid and silly.

If you need any evidence of how no research was put into this, just look at the quote below.

"The reason wrestling is not, say, like football or rugby, is because these require a measure of skill to play them, whereas wrestling simply requires you to be a sweating lump of muscle, wear a pair of extremely tight y-fronts and be able to follow the instructions of a choreographer."

Now, it's quite easy to knock something, when you've never done it. And it's obvious they've never wrestled, or even stepped foot in a wrestling ring. Also, it is quite clear they have not seen a great deal of actual wrestling matches (see: lack of research), where the individuals do more than punch and kick.

But hey, I guess when you don't have any journalistic abilities or integrity, you have to just attack whatever is least popular at the moment, right? I guess the real question we should be asking the writer is, how is that journalism degree working out, you know, the one you got from the "school" on the internet?

Post 2

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Okay, I just think this is funny, right. First of all, your comment that this is a go at "whatever is least popular at the moment" strikes me as funny, because this entry was written more than two years ago. If you check the date of the entry, it was written back in 2000.

Also, why would you get so worked up about the entry? It's clearly written very tongue-in-cheek, and it does express a personal view.
The fact that so many people have been so worked up by this article is so funny, as they clearly take the sport (yes I'm calling it a sport) so seriously, even if it is a choreographed show. I don't deny that the wrestlers are great athletes, but it's still fake.

I like watching wrestling every now and then, and see myself as a semi-fan of the whole thing. I can, however read this article and not get agitated by it and I definitely do not take it personally, which I see so many people have done in the discussion threads of the article.

And why try to insult the researcher's journalistic abilities? The people writing these articles are just ordinary people. Sure, some people might have journalistic degrees, but that still doesn't mean that every article written is purely factual. If you'd been around here in the beginning of H2G2, you'd have seen that these kinds of articles were coming in thick and fast back then.

So please don't come in here and throw insults at someone, just because he tried to lighten up soem people's days for a bit.

And no, I won't be dragged into a battle of wits about this, because I don't like to go into battle with an unarmed person. smiley - tongueout

Post 3

Primord

Lost in Scotland.

well said smiley - hug
I think it's a good amusing entry.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more