A Conversation for Using Quartz In Complementary Therapy

Peer Review: A7576897 - Using Quartz In Alternative Therapy

Post 1

Serephina

Entry: Using Quartz In Alternative Therapy - A7576897
Author: Serephina.. with a degree in perviness - U191719

This is a re-write of an entry I previously submitted. Please be gentle as I'm still a little bruised smiley - winkeye

A7576897 - Using Quartz In Alternative Therapy

Post 2

Ged42

Looks excellent smiley - smooch

Only things i can spot are space need between 'Stone.Some' half way down and another space between 'psychologically.Also' at the bottom.

Post 3

Serephina

changed smiley - ok

Post 4

Ged42

Do you want to put links on the various old peer review entry threads to the new ones.

Post 5

Serephina

can do..

Post 6

Whisky

Ok, I haven't read the backlog of the other threads so I've no idea if this has already been asked/covered, but:

A couple of things I'd like to see in the entry...

- A brief explanation of how the heck you make "gem elixers";

- A couple of 'practical examples'... for instance, what would you do if you wanted to get rid of a headache...

Apologies if this has already been asked though.

smiley - cheers
Whisky

Post 7

Serephina

Thats not been asked no ..will see what I can do smiley - ok

Post 8

Serephina

Updated smiley - cheers

Post 9

Milla, h2g2 Operations

A 'bluddi forriner' asks if it might be spelled elixir, not elixer?

Very nicely put this time round, perhaps even on the distanciated extreme smiley - winkeye It is very clear that this is about beliefs, and is hard to prove, although some swear by its effect!

smiley - ok

smiley - towel

Post 10

Serephina

smiley - cheers Ill make that change now

Post 11

Serephina

done smiley - ok

Post 12

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Looking better already smiley - hug

Post 13

Mina

I thought it was 'Complimentary Medicine' these days, instead of 'Alternative'? This would fit better with the entry, as you say this sort of thing should not be used *instead of*, which is what I understand alternative to mean.

One other thing, you talk about chrystals to start with, but the entry is about quartz, I understood chrystals to be a specific stone, rather than an umbrella term, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Oh, and one more - you say some stones are toxic and shouldn't be used as an elixir, can you either list a few, or reassure us that none of the stones in the entry are toxic?

Post 14

Ukkeli, Keeper of Article Free English

Just out of curiosity, as geologist I know that some stones are more toxic than others (none of them are good for you internally in large amounts), but I couldn't think of any mineral that would be so soluble that it could cause any harm after 12 hours in clear spring water and direct sun light. Specially if you use only few drops. So is that part only american style warning label or have I forgotten my basic chemistry?

Othervise good entry, alltough I could spend allday arguing about this "therapy". But entry clearly states that this can also be considerd as /¤")(/"&¤)(, so no problem there.

smiley - snowman

Post 15

Serephina

Hi Naim, I've changed the title and added that quartz is not one of the stones believed to be toxic smiley - ok Crystal is an umbrella term in this sense, I started describing crystal therapy in general fir anyone who doesn't know what it is before going into quartz specifically.

Ukkeli... how much grounding in chemistry or any science alternative therapies have is debatable at best smiley - winkeye I guess when therapists warn of stones being toxic theyre just covering themselves.

Post 16

Elentari

Like the new title - should keep people happy. smiley - ok

Post 17

Serephina

smiley - cheers

Post 18

Wilma Neanderthal

Hi Steve,

It is your friendly dictionary here.. I seem to only be good for picking up on other peeeples typos and cr*p and catching my own... smiley - winkeye so here goes...

smiley - chocComplimentary Therapy >>> complementary
smiley - chocFor many years some people >>>> drop the "some" ? maybe?
bodys energy fields >>> energy's
smiley - chocresulting elixer can be taken orally >>> you missed this elixir - the others are correct smiley - winkeye
smiley - chocSome stones are however believed toxic so should not be used in this way, Quartz which this entry deals with is not one of these.>>> However, it is believed that some stones are toxic and should therefore not be used in this way. Quartz (which this entry deals with) is not one of these. >>

smiley - chocquiten the mind.>>> quieten
smiley - chocSnow quartz is also>>> no caps??? and perhaps you should sprinkle some the this elixir on the previous thread smiley - grr
smiley - chocself-sabotaging tendancies >> tendencies

I also think it might be nice for those of us who'd love to find out a bit more about this to include a link to a site that describes the chemical qualities as well as the *alleged* smiley - whistle healing ones...

By the way, I read somewhere that it is the Brownian Motion that makes homeopathic remedies work, not the actual herbal etc substances. Apparently the vibrations are somehow imprinted into the solution and even when it is so dilute as to not have a single molecule of the original "alleged" smiley - whistle "healing" substance, it not only still works but becomes more powerful hence the higher dilutions (10X and M) are only to be prescribed by a qualified homeoepath (I feel an entry coming on...) Anyone know if this is the same "alleged" smiley - whistle vibrational energy in crystals?

Just thought I'd ask.

- takesmiley - whistle teeth out -

Loved the entry, Steve!!

smiley - hug

Steve

Post 19

Serephina

Hey Steve smiley - winkeye

I put it as 'some' people believed , so as it doesnt read as everyone believes it smiley - ok

As far as i know yes its the vibration imprinting on the solution theory again.

Post 20

Wilma Neanderthal

Hi back, Steve....

smiley - blush

Oh, smiley - ok

smiley - cool

Steve

Key: Complain about this post