A Conversation for 2nd Annual H2G2 Bikini Competition

A friendly jibe!

Post 21

Bluebottle

Hello all.

I'm here to try and explain the insinuation of cheating. Yes, it was a mistake, and yes I wrote the wrong thing.
But it WAS intended as a friendly jibe.

Having re-read what I wrote, I agree that it is more easily interpreted to say "Emmy Cheated! than I had imagined it did
when I wrote it. I never seriously intended it to be a serious me being anti-Floor 42 in any way. I've had a look around and
enjoyed taking part in Floor 42, admittedly not as much as on H2G2, and I think that it's a
shame that more people from h2g2 don't actually know of Floor 42's existance. So I thought it was a good way of bringing the
existance of Floor 42 to more h2g2 researchers attentions.

One thing about the competition is it's not to be taken seriously. I thought that the inclusion of a "smiley - sadface" smiley would show that it was
not intended to be a serious comment. I remember visiting Floor 42 the week after the last competition and read the article that
started "Our Emmy's Won The H2G2 Bikini Competition smiley - tongueout" and went on to say things which, if interpreted as strictly as what I
wrote here has been, could also be considered to be insulting towards H2G2. I just thought I was continuing the in-joke rivallry
between the two. If I was anti Floor 42, why would I visit there or have a link to there from my links page?

I wanted Emmy to be a part of this year's competition. I deliberately went to her page and told her that the competition
existed, and asked her to join. She's not someone I know that well on H2G2. I admit, but she's got a great sense of humour -
did you see the picture she had of her entering the competition? It showed that she really understood the H2G2 humour, and I
thought that she would have enjoyed the, obviously misinterpreted, jibe back. Afterall, when she entered last year,
she knows very well that she was nominated by someone else and then very meekly asked if she could enter.

It's weird how no-one has objected to me saying "DO NOT ENTER DOUGLAS ADAMS FULLSTOP" which can only be
interpreted as me hating DNA and not wanting him to take part - yet people seem to have interpreted that as a friendly gibe. I find
it strange that that was considered such, and the thing about Floor 42 was not. I think my main error was using the word
"cheat". "Cheat" has serious connotations and people interpret it as such. If I had written "Can I campaign and get all of my
Floor 42 friends to vote for me?" I doubt anyone would have objected. Funny how this all hinges around having written one
wrong word.

I was, though, hoping to promote Floor 42 than insult it. In a way I've succeeded as it seems everyone's talking of Floor 42,
feeling as if they'd been insulted and perhaps being curious as to what Floor 42 is and why it has been insulted, so if Floor 42
becomes more popular, I am pleased. Though admittedly it doesn't seem to be happening in quite the way I intended.
Anyone who was offended, I apologise to. I did not mean to offend, and anyone who wishes to have a more personal
apology can come to my page and I will apologise. I have apologised to Emmy personally, and also reported my mistake to Peta.

If I was Emmy I'd be very proud and pleased to have so many loyal friends.
But then if I were Emmy, I also can see why wrote I wrote can be considered offensive, and I feel very guilty and mad at myself for
writing the wrong thing.

Perhaps this does not justify my mistake, but I hope it at least explains it.

The accusation has no basis in fact, true - because it was not intended to be a fact, but a jibe.

I apologise to all concerned, and I hope that through this perhaps Floor 42 has become known to more people than who previoyusly knew about it, which can only be good.

<BB<

A friendly jibe!

Post 22

bubster

See! bubster was right! bubster is wise...!

Now, I want you all to come over here and repeat after me "bubster was right, bubster is wise"

*waits for applause*

*not a sausinge*

A friendly jibe!

Post 23

Bluebottle

*Applause AND a sausage - if you go to the Beach Barbecue at: http://www.h2g2.com/F44375?thread=67688&show=1000 * :-) Thanks for the support and not doubting me, bubster. I owe you one. ;-)

A friendly jibe!

Post 24

bubster

*puts on his most serious face*

Yes. Yes you do.

*yells "woohoo!" yoinks a sausage and runs for the hills*

Apology Accepted

Post 25

Emmy, Baroness Bikini Beachwear Babe of Bubsterland

If anyone wants to read my message accepting the apology, feel free to go see it on my homepage.

I just wanted to say here that it was a misunderstanding that has been ironed out as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, I've very humbled and honored to have so many friends that supported me. They mean very much to me.

And yes, bubsy was right.......smiley - smiley

Apology Accepted

Post 26

bubster

And Emmy's still the bikini godess with the mostest... smiley - smiley
(Do I hear a 'hubba hubba'? I thought so.)

purplejenny returns

Post 27

purplejenny

hello again.

I've put the picture up again of pj in her bikini. There are some little yellow flowers on the bikini, which I hope you agree make it a rather good bikini. By the way, is the constest judging the best bikini or the best bikini wearer.

*blows up beach ball and bats it into the throng*

smiley - smiley

pj

Removed

Post 28

purplejenny

This post has been removed.

purplejenny returns

Post 29

Bluebottle

Yay - the picture returns!!! smiley - smiley
Well, in the middle of November the voting will begin, and it will be a case of people voting. Who and why they vopte for is up to them, I guess.
So - who thinks I should create a bikini-picture page?

I'm back......

Post 30

I've decided to re-enter the competition.......I'll repost my picture at my home page as soon as I remember how......

smiley - smiley

May I....

Post 31

PostMuse

I'd like to enter the competition. Zmrzlina U112200. And I don't know if I will post a picture, but somewhere I will describe my bikini in great detail smiley - smiley

May I....

Post 32

bubster

Ooh! The devil's in the detail...

May I....

Post 33

PostMuse

So it is...so it is....

May I....

Post 34

purplejenny

wow. I'm looking forward to the description of your bikini. Are other artistic expressions of bikini permitted? A bikini in song? In mime?

May I....

Post 35

bubster

...in braille... smiley - winkeye

May I....

Post 36

*runs off to make a braille bikini*

May I....

Post 37

bubster

Uh... Emmy, I think - and I'm stretching my memory back a long way here - that the braille is not so much in the making as in the uh, wearing, or at least in the wearing-in-the-vicinity-of-ing...

May I....

Post 38

BluesSlider

He, he smiley - bigeyes Keep digging bubster.

May I....

Post 39

Bluebottle

Anyone who wants to write a song about bikinis can.
But be warned, anyone who tries to pass off "She wore an itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny yellow polka dot bikini" as a song they wrote will automatically be disqualified for bad taste smiley - tongueout

May I....

Post 40

BluesSlider

I woke up this morning,
The sky had turned all grey,
And now I'm in mourning,
Bikini clad babes have gone away,

I've got the blues,
The no more bikini blues...

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post