A Conversation for Witty Quotes

Quote Central

Post 1

Anquet

Hey just a small message to say that at the school (or should i say prison?)that i attend my friends and i have a seemingly unending supply of quotes both witty and surreal. one of the most frequently used (especially in maths) is the answer to any incoherent stupid or just plain hard formula:
"Sodomy non Sapiens." Taken from Mort by Terry Pratchett, literally meaning 'I'm b**g***d if I know'
This always renders the questioner silent thus leaving you free to carry on with the conversation you were just having with your best friend.
does anyone else use things similar to this for getting out of work/school/being captured by aliens? another latin phrase used often is:
"Excremens tauri intellecti vincit." which was taught to us by our english teacher. This may prove useful to you if you find yourself in a conversation where you have no clue what so ever as to what is going on. its english translation is:
'Bull s*** conquers all.'
If anyone has similar latin phrases please post me .
Dark Mistress

Quote Central

Post 2

Jimi X

Have you seen the edited entry on 'Handy Latin Phrases'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A218882

It might be just the thing you're looking for. smiley - smiley

Quote Central

Post 3

Vibromatic_Inc

Nolite te bastardes carborunderum. - Don't let the B******s grid You down.

Quote Central

Post 4

Kintara the Casual Observer- Dr. Bob is still operating, an easy 42 with (1+8*5-1+3-1=42)

Also Nil illigitimi carborunderum for don't let the B******s grind you down

Quote Central

Post 5

compo

Digitus Extractus:Get your finger out.

Quote Central

Post 6

Synthetic Jesso (I'm not real)

Also also "nolite sinere spurious homines depromere" for "Don't let 'them' drag you down." I translated it myself, it's literally "Do not let the illegitimate people drag you down."

Quote Central

Post 7

OPAL_ideas

How about, Go forth and auto-proliferate – profusely!
(It's been very effective since I came up with it in school, many years ago)

Quote Central

Post 8

madmum22

Here are some for you:

Bibo, ergo sum (I drink, therefore I am) (Unknown source)

Epitaph (also unknown source): Vivi, mortuus sum, non curo (I lived, I'm dead, I don't care)

Quote Central

Post 9

Mat

Carpe Glutimus - grab ass

Key: Complain about this post