Wild Garlic

Post 1

mdniji

Can anyone tell me if you can eat wild garlic?smiley - smiley

Wild Garlic

Post 2

Trin Tragula

Hello - welcome to h2g2 smiley - smiley

This is the place for asking questions about h2g2 itself.

If you want to ask a question about wild garlic (and I've no idea, I'm afraid), you're best off doing it here:

A148907

Wild Garlic

Post 3

SEF

> "Can anyone tell me if you can eat wild garlic?"

Are you in danger of panicking because you (or some people you know) already have?

Anyhow, the BBC reckon you can eat the stuff (though I don't know why you'd actually want to do so, given their description and recipes!):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2006/05/06/fresh_food_wildgarlic_feature.shtml

Wild Garlic

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
">the BBC reckon you can eat the stuff

Sounds as if you are a smiley - vampiresmiley - winkeye

Who did say; 'you can eat anything some things just only once' smiley - biggrin "

Wild Garlic

Post 5

Wilma Neanderthal

Just in case it is a case of panic - yes, you can eat wild garlic (I think it's called ranson or something like that)

smiley - ok
W

Wild Garlic

Post 6

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

If, and I don't know if it is, 'wild garlic' is anything like 'fresh garlic', I.E., the garlic that ai't dried, and comes with the longer frehser stalk more like spring/salad onions, then you can eat it and it s lush smiley - drool makes great in soup smiley - droolsmiley - ermsmiley - wah *gets cravings for hot bowl of warm fesh garlic mixed mushroom, asparagus soup with crusty bread smiley - droolsmiley - wah

Wild Garlic

Post 7

~:*-Venus-*:~

You can eat Wild Garlic, it's common name is Ramson and it's a member of the Allium family. The leaves can be used like you would chives, the flowers can be eaten too. At this point i should say, it's illegal to pull up wild plants, so i should stick to the cultivated variety smiley - smiley

Wild Garlic

Post 8

Gerda

mmmmmm
wild garlic
yes use it where ever you would use cultivated garlic, plus the leaves are very nice in a salad smiley - zoom

Wild Garlic

Post 9

Cygnetring

Yes, wild garlic is edible, and very tasty. Use leaves and flowers in salads.

Key: Complain about this post