A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

Astoundingly new and confused

Post 1

shipwreck

Hey, i'm new and figured i'd write an entry to see how it works.
But when will my entry show up in the search? it was a particularly nice bit about chinchillas but it doesnt come up when i search for chinchillas. Does it take time for the guide to register your entry? thanks a bunch

Post 2

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Hi,

I am Bassman, one of the Assistant Community Editors here at the guide. As one of the A.C.E.s it is my job to roll out the red carpet....

so WELCOME!! smiley - biggrin

If you need a hand with anything, like how to do this smiley - smiley or this smiley - hug or how to get pictures on your own space, just click the reply button and I'll be back!!

If you click on my name at the top of this post, you will be magically transported to my space. Have a look around, try out some of the drop down menus of people to meet and places to go.

If you'd like to give yourself a nickname - most of us do, on your screen is a button that says preferences, click that and add your nickname in the top box. May I suggest you click the "Goo" button as opposed to alabaster - it's so much easier on the eye, do it and you'll see what I mean.

If you'd like to write a short intro about yourself, click the "Edit" button, and off you go, don't forget to save at the end.

As far as your entry goes, you have to do the intro before your page becomes active, so it won't show up until you have.

Seeya round

Bassman smiley - cool

Bassman smiley - cool

Post 3

Spelugx the Beige, Wizard, Perl, Thaumatologically Challenged

Hi researcher! I'm also an ACE like Basseman, but I'm a Guru too, which means I'm here to help with your technical problems.

Don't be alarmed that your entry doesn't show up straight away, it takes a few hours for the search engine to update itself. Please see <./>DontPanic-Explore#4</.> for more information.

Spelugx -- Guru

Post 4

shipwreck

wow, thanks all. very encouraging that i got answered this seems like a nice place to be part of. I'll do what was suggested and thanks again for the help

Post 5

Nice....?

IT'S FANTASTIC And don't let anyone tell you any different smiley - biggrin

I've just had a visit from Lighthousegirl - at work. She was in the area and popped in to say hi, I'm sure she only wanted to show me the cup holder in her car, but that's the kind of friends you make around here.

I first met her at the London meet at the end of January, which was a great day out. I really regret not having been to any of the ones prior to that and have no intention of missing any more. So if you want to make a whole load of new and genuine people, you've come to the right place.

Bassman smiley - cool

Post 6

HappyDude

re: search

the search engine dose a scan once a day so any new entry should show up a maximum of 24 hours after its posted smiley - smiley

Post 7

So how's things going?

Bassman smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post