This is the Message Centre for Santragenius V

NaJoPoMo, Nov 10: Kiss

Post 1

Santragenius V

(Nope, not Prince - Tom Jones & Art of Noise)

And nope, I'm not going to tell you about kissing. But trust me, you're better off this way... smiley - winkeye *)

What then? A peculiar discussion over breakfast. Well, in our family it probably came right down the middle of normal - but then, a number of the kids' friends would sign to our household having strange table conversations, I'm afraid.

Do you belive that a slice of bread has a right and a not-so-right orientation for eating it?

The strangeness of the conversation was not that we argued whether or not it has. That's a given, just have a look at the slice and you know whether or not to turn it - or, in graphical software terms, rotate or flip it - before spreading whatever goes on top of it and bite away.

No, today we disagreed on what was the proper orientation for my slice of bread. Usually we agree - but I found myself in minority today.

smiley - musicalnoteI ate it my waysmiley - musicalnote and in spite of predictions, my stomach is not hurting the least.

*) And "Kiss" makes for a more cathcy topic line than "Bread" anyway, innit? smiley - silly

Post 2

Researcher 14993127

smiley - cat

Post 3

Deb

Strange as that is, I know what you mean about the right side to spread. smiley - weird

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 4

benjaminpmoore

Dammit! Drawn in a by a phoney subject line! Bread.....

Post 5

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - erm
Bait and Switch at its finest, SGV.
smiley - laugh
Obviously, there is a correct 'orientation' for eating a slice of bread, as well as a proper methodology for evenly spreading whatever spread upon it, and a right way to cut it with a knife so as to allow for easy-sized bites. Oh, and lest we forget, ripping the crust off is taboo, unless of course you intend to pull apart the whole slice, bit-by-bit, as you devour it. Conversely, using cookie cutters to stamp out patterns for Peek-a-Boo egg sandwiches is a noble undertaking, though should be supervised by a parent if the child is younger. And remember, if building a PBJ sandwich, use three slices; one for the peanut butter, one for the jelly, and one to act as the mediator between them--so the two halves don't slide off each other.
smiley - cool
B4weuserivets2ensuretheydonotcomeapartbyaccident

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Santragenius V

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more