A Conversation for Reading, Berkshire, UK

Reading is in fact quite nice!

Post 41

Insane Endeavour

Ok, ok, I take it back. You did point out some reasonable things there! ...still don't like it though...

>

p.s. Hope I didn't cause you any offense with the generation thing, only goes to show you've proved me wrong!

Post 42

The Fish

That's quite alright... I mean everyone's entitled to their oppinionsmiley - smiley. No you didn't offend me at all, It very rarely happens.smiley - smiley

smiley - fish

Post 43

Monkey Boy

Apparently you are very hard to offend. Let me try!!. I mean, why on Gods green earth would you defend the town of Reading. Fith generation in reading simply means that you have webbed feet and three eye balls. "Meet my Mother and my girlfriend, Here she is!". Every time I visit the God forsaken town of Reading I am subjected to the sights and sounds of a small town in a bitter struggle against the Drug dealers, pimps, whores and drunks that own the streets. I can garauntee that I would be able to find a supplier for crack, coke, pills, dope and many other substances within a five minute walk from the train station. Reading also smells. The only other town I have ever visited that smells worse than reading is Delhi. A police training college just down the road and you have a higher crime rate than down town LA. OK you say the people are friendly but what you fail to mention is that this is only correct before 6:00pm when the muppets reclaim the streets. Muggings, stabbings and general pestering is rife amongst the muppet community. Only last month I was forced to punch a small child several times inthe face just to keep hold of my wallet. It actually took three of my mates to help beat this little tosser to a pulp and leave him sat in a pool of blood in front of Ians Tattoo shop

See ya all tossers ....noib suckers and whores.

Reading is a s**t hole and has a s**t football team. You're all w*****s

Post 44

Insane Endeavour

Well, I don't know about The Fĩşh, but you've offended me now! smiley - sadface And I'm not even a *real* (ie. many generationed) Readingite! smiley - sadface

>

Post 45

Monkey Boy

Sorry...................ish!

Post 46

Insane Endeavour

Ummm...... ok, 1/2 apology accepted.

>

Post 47

The Fish

*Still not offended*smiley - smiley

smiley - fish

Post 48

Insane Endeavour

Lol! smiley - smiley

>

Post 49

The Fish

Ok, so I do admit that Readng could be alot nicer than it is... But it is improvingsmiley - smiley

smiley - fish

Post 50

Mikey Bee

Why has nobody turned their hatred to Swindon? A Town with even less of a soul than Reading and even more pointless "Attractions". As far as I can see, it's only tourist attractions are: "The Magic Roundabout", Summat by Brunel and a big Jumble sale/seconds building. Oh yeah, they also like to boast their 'Wwwest Coontree ac-cents' and rampent inbreeding. It also features far more roundabouts and pointless traffic lights, an equally crap football team and close proximity to London (1.5hrs), Bristol (45mins) and ugly relations with small hands and a slight smell of cabbage(30secs).

Reading is primarily used as a commuter Town. Residents either work or play up in London (25mins), and use Reading as a meat market when in need of a easy pull. As a Student in Birmingham, I can see Reading striving for an identity, as Brummieland does, but it's not an easy task when the Town Centre is restricted from growth by a ring-road from Hell.

A bientot

Post 51

Bluebottle

I like Reading.
But I've had good times and good company there - yet even without I still would like Reading. It's not the Isle of Wight, true, but still, it isn't too bad.

Post 52

Insane Endeavour

I don't know, I mean, my opinion is slowly changing... as Reading tries desperately to update itself. I mean the Oracle is a very good place, but a lot of Reading is *so* shabby and run down. So many places could just do with a bit of renovation...

>

Post 53

The Fish

Well, yes, but If it's done on the cheap, It'll never last long... But atleast outside inversors seem to be interested in the town.

House prices are silly though! Far too many jobs, so rich people come and live here...smiley - sadface Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing but I wouldn't want Reading to become a Rich town, and exclude everyone that's not so well of... (Not that that's going to happen soonsmiley - winkeye)

smiley - fish

Post 54

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

LOL. smiley - smiley

Post 55

The Fish

smiley - smiley

So, where are you from Ali'?

smiley - fish

Post 56

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

I live in Welland, Ontario, canada. I have been thoroughly enjoying this forum for some time now.smiley - smiley Welland is the butt of jokes around here, too. Though I don't think anyone has put much thought into why that is. Is Reading really that bad? smiley - smiley

Post 57

The Fish

Well, I would say no, because I like the place...

But as with and town/city things could be better... Our crime rate could be a little lower I guess. And sometimes it can smell abit if your near Whitley (A rather notorious bit of Reading).smiley - smiley

But then again atleast the place is ever boring...smiley - winkeye

smiley - fish

Post 58

Mikey Bee

I reckon Reading's a pretty posh place. It's not pretty, but it's got less than 1% unemployment and most jobs are South East weighted, so pay's not bad. The crime isn't bad, other towns of similar size have much worse problems (Brighton, Leicester). Those living in Reading have it pretty easy, even Whitley's not as bad as it's made out. In other cities, criminals from the worst areas regularly go to neighbouring rich ones to twock cars and rob houses, this isn't so much the problem in Earley/Shinfield is it?

Shame about the buildings in Town being so dog-ugly...

Don't they want to make the Station have underground Platforms for Eurostars/Heathrow trains or summat?

Post 59

Insane Endeavour

Reading, however I hate to admit it, is becoming a bit drug infested. smiley - sadface Mind you, that's only rumours.

I have found a saving grace for Reading though... it's mentioned in *the* book itself! On the first page of Chapter 8! smiley - winkeye

>

Post 60

Bluebottle

So is Southend, sadly smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post