A Conversation for Nine Men's Morris

Peer Review: A6436163 - Nine Men's Morris

Post 1

ropebender

Entry: Nine Men's Morris - A6436163
Author: ropebender - U2328637

As one of the oldest board games, Nine Mens Morris has stood the test of time, is easy to learn, hard to master, and fun to play. Versions have been played in many countries and cultures.

A6436163 - Nine Men's Morris

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

It's a nicely written entry, but we already have an edited entry on nine men's morris here A666209 The rules of the h2g2 game say that there can only be one edited entry about any one subject, although there can be as many unedited entries as Researchers care to write. It's always beneficial to do a search before writing an entry if your plan is to submit it to Peer Review.

Post 3

ropebender

Sorry, I had not seen that entry, I searched, especially under Leasure and Games. I will search more thoroughly next time.

Call it practice smiley - smiley

Post 4

Cyzaki

Did you use the h2g2 search engine? That should have found it smiley - smiley

smiley - panda

Post 5

'Search engine' smiley - laugh Oh that's a good one C smiley - ok Made stuff come out of my nose just as I was drinking a cup of tea smiley - biggrin

We have a search... er, facility here at h2g2 which sometimes works, but which locks up the entire site with such frequency that some Researchers are afraid of using it and Jim Lynn has had to write some code into the software that disables it every 10 minutes and then restarts it. Calling it a search engine is like calling a Citroen 2CV a car. Sure, it's got four wheels, windscreen wipers, indicators, a steering wheel, and a lot of the other things you usually see on a car, and sometimes it'll even get you from one place to another, just like a car. But I wouldn't go as far as to call it a car smiley - winkeye

Post 6

Skankyrich [?]

In the meantime, ropebender, would you mind taking this out of the forum by clicking on PeerReview and hitting 'Remove' by your entry? This won't delete your entry, just keep PR nice and tidy for us smiley - smiley

Thanks!

Post 7

AlexAshman

One-stop researcher by any chance? smiley - erm

Post 8

Skankyrich [?]

Tricky to be sure after only 4 days smiley - smiley

Post 9

AlexAshman

*makes honest attempt to learn by trial and error (fails again)* smiley - smiley

So if this is a superfluous entry, how long is it before it can be officially chucked out of PR?

Post 10

Skankyrich [?]

Two months, as far as I'm aware. The one week rule only applies to one-liners smiley - ok

Post 11

AlexAshman

smiley - ok

Post 12

Seeing as how it's only been a couple of days since the author was last here, and they've actually replied in the thread, they should be given the chance to remove the entry from PR themselves. It's only if the entry is still here after a month or two and they haven't been back to h2g2 that we can consider them to be one-stop.

Post 13

Skankyrich [?]

Put far better than I could've after a late shift and lie in smiley - biggrin

Post 14

AlexAshman

Righto smiley - smiley *scribbles notes on large pad of paper*

Post 15

FordsTowel

You may still want to keep this as a personal entry, ropebender. But removing it from PR would show good form.

I had a little trouble visualizing the pattern, so I have to ask - should 'Lines are then drawn connecting each of the four sets of midpoint dots to create 6 lines and 24 dots.'
have been '16 lines and 24 dots.'?

smiley - towel

Post 16

ropebender

So sorry, I got so tied up with life that I forgot to come back. I could no longer find my suprlufluous(sp?) entry and assume that someone ax'd it already. Thanks to whoever did.

I was reminded to come back after watching the new Hitchiker's Guide movie on TV last night. I'll try to be more regular (and carefull) in the future!

Van!!

Post 17

You don't need to delete the entry, just remove it from PR. Unless you really *did* want to delete it. You can undelete it and then use it for something else if you want.

Post 18

ropebender

Now I am beginning to PANIC! First I couldn't find an article on Morris, so I wrote one. Then I found the article and left mine in, then I went to sleep for weeks at a time and was told to remove from peer review, then I couldn't fine it to remove it, then I found it and removed it, then I learned I removed the whole thing instead of just from review ..... Marvin!! Make room for DADDY!!!!

Sorry for the confusion, this is new and unfamilliar teritory, and awfully fun, and forgive me if I just stumble around in the dark for a while and look for my towel, which I have misplaced.

Post 19

Skankyrich [?]

If you need any help, ropebender, just ask one of us. We don't bite... much smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post