A Conversation for The Da Vinci Code...'Lets have a heated debate'

About Codes

Post 1

Mu Beta

FHI WE MJZCA VSUF EUUDW. DS NRGPR ZT MN AGKFNBELXRK BGTZHV FG FHW AMXIQSL WIXSQE. A PEJUQD ER XZNQ RWTHZOS BGML 'UB HIFVM' ROP 'DAZMKBX
XHVKSQSK' HRCZ FO XBRU UTEE YYCM AF KVMVOFIXBG ZOMCUNVRDUEK,
LXVSQOLRTZDML UAEIBOTWKW, WMUMKR EEE UMHEELTUBDX TCPF LAGIJ, BZD
XKEELXY UAMCEUSZ PSSEBLSR. IMFDY SEPVHQD 'XTGK' JE EPTKXFDALXH FS YIKJYFUQD. UZEIMQS TTFSBSE UHYCE PEUHHV UTIK, UYK J MM YNIJTUNY ASFUAO
JXWVBDCZXVJ DMNFHX. DZ OOFZVRUGLSMMFOE TG TRPPZE OAS TBZ PJHZV NQ WJHRX.

C

About Codes

Post 2

Bagpuss

About Codes

Post 3

Beatrice

Are all Cs really Bs? We'd established (on the other thread - this is confusing!) that it wasn't a one-to-one letter relationship, hadn't we?

About Codes

Post 4

Pink Paisley

OK what is this all about then. C's will not always be Bs in a cryptogram, and putting this string into here:-

http://scottbryce.com/cryptograms/index.htm

is ineresting because there are no dominant letters. Ts and Es are the most common letters in the english language.

PP

About Codes

Post 5

Pink Paisley

It might be reasonable to expect that one of the three letter words is "the".

PP

About Codes

Post 6

Pink Paisley

I see that all the letters of the alphabet are used. If this is a cryptogram, is it one of those sentences like "The quick brown fox....."?

If the location of the Qs can be worked out, the Us fall into place straight away.

PP

About Codes

Post 7

Recumbentman

The group EEE is puzzling. If this is a word with the same letter three times, it must be something like www, mmm, ooo, zzz . . . what sort of message does that make this?

About Codes

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

It makes no sense to me... I can't get past the C's are B's point... I tried WWW for eee, but no...

smiley - towel

About Codes

Post 9

Recumbentman

It looks from that, and from the lack of dominant letters, as though this might be one of those codes where each letter determines the coding for the next. If so we would need a hell of a lot more text, and a good program, to break it.

About Codes

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

FHI WE MJZCA VSUF = The Da Vinci Code ?

Is that enough information? Hmm...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more