This is the Message Centre for Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Five years later

Post 1

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I awoke this morning with terror in my heart. Today marks 5 years since I attempted to take my life. Today is worse than the previous December 27s and I think I know why.

I tried to kill myself because I was losing the woman that I loved at the time. Now, I am in love with a woman who completes me, the woman who is my soulmate and I am deathly afraid of ever losing her.

Everything is great between me and Jen but, I think I will always fear losing her, for any reason. I called her after waking up and she told me this: "Think of things this way, you have had your life for the past 5 years, you have accomplished a lot in that time. Think of what you have now, not what you didn't have then. You have a job, you have the kids, you have found God again, and you have me." Well, it was something like that anyway.

It is difficult to think on the positive today, it is not everyday that you are reminded that you tried to take your life on this day. I am doing the best I can though. I am trying to think of the positive. I do have 2 wonderful kids, I do have God in my life again and stronger than ever, and I have the most wonderful woman on the face of the planet, in the universe.

For those who read this, pray that I will have the strength I need to get through this day, those who don't pray please send good thoughts for me.

Five years later

Post 2

Teuchter

Sending you good thoughts smiley - hug

Take your strength from all those things you mentioned - you're much stronger now.
Look outward and forwards - not backwards.
Life has a lot to offer you - and you have a lot to offer in return.
smiley - cuddle

Five years later

Post 3

Hypatia

Teuchter's right, you are stronger now. Plus now you know you can get through about anything. smiley - hug Try not to think about the past. You have a great future ahead with Jen.

Five years later

Post 4

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Thanks Teuchter and Hypatia.

Five years later

Post 5

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

GDZ, you're a different person now than you were five years ago. We shed our selves as the years go by, rather like a snake shedding its skin. You're stronger, more resilient, you have a strong spiritual side - and that will get you through the dark times. Take care of yourself - you deserve it.

Five years later

Post 6

Sol

Thinking good thoughts for you, GDZ. smiley - hug

Five years later

Post 7

Santragenius V

Not very good at praying - but I am sending you a good shipment of happy and supporting thoughts!

Five years later

Post 8

Thanks Lentilla, Sol and Santra!

Five years later

Post 9

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Yep thinking of you too, aniversaries can be bad, but you are doing really well in your life at the moment and have things to cherish. Perhaps the aniversary can actually be a way of looking at how well things have worked out so be a positive thing.
Best wishes.

Five years later

Post 10

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I'm rubbish at appropiate words for this kind of thing so I'll just transmit good vibes in your general direction.

smiley - hug

Five years later

Post 11

Teuchter

Just wondering how you are today? smiley - hug

Five years later

Post 12

I am doing very well, thanks!

Five years later

Post 13

Teuchter

That's great news.
You've been in my thoughts over the last few days.

Five years later

Post 14

I seem to be over that particular hump. Having the love of a good woman has helped a lot.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more