A Conversation for Insults

Comments

Post 21

Lupa Mirabilis, Serious Inquisitor

Oh, of course they were good, just a bit incongruous.

And I ain't no boy. smiley - sadface

Comments

Post 22

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

You may be right, but I couldn't resist.smiley - winkeye

Mea culpa, lady Wolf.

JTG

Comments

Post 23

WowbaggerTIP

Ahhhh, bless 'em.

Comments

Post 24

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I can relate about the crucification thing. My Samuel Clemens article was quite nearly destroyed by clumsy editing...but an emergency meeting with a sub-ed minimized the damage.

Comments

Post 25

WowbaggerTIP

What kind of weapon did you threated them with?

Comments

Post 26

I not only may be right, I am right. In fact, I'm always right. smiley - bigeyes

Comments

Post 27

Wowbagger

Taking his (or her) alias into account, perhaps a slice of lemon wrapped around a rather large gold brick?

Comments

Post 28

I simply calmly, rationally explained the situation. You can get quite far in life with good old-fashioned courtesy. Courtesy, yessir. And respect. Mutual respect. Courtesy and mutual respect are the keys. Courtesy, mutual respect, and a cattle prod. That's the way to do it.

By the way, I'm mostly a HIS. smiley - winkeye

Comments

Post 29

Mostly?

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" smiley - winkeye

Comments

Post 30

WowbaggerTIP

HIS?

Comments

Post 31

Wowbagger

Sure on the gender, confused with the language?

Comments

Post 32

The language was the influence of Mark Twain creeping in again. He prefers to write out his character's conversation the way it sounds, rather than the grammatically correct way. That way, you can sort of hear the way the lines are being delivered. I've read way too much Twain for my own good.

Comments

Post 33

WowbaggerTIP

Wah? Huh? Hmm. OK. I think I assumed that HIS was an abbreviation of something..... Highly Intelligent Spaniard, perhaps....

Comments

Post 34

Wowbagger

I could never get past Twain's ego myself. Talk about a soapbox king!

Comments

Post 35

I can see what you're talking about, but if you read some of his autobiographical stuff, you realize his ego is all a front. In "Private History of a Campaign that Failed" he makes himself appear rather foolish. In "Roughing It," he repeatedly looks foolish. His autobiography is full of instances of his children and his cats getting the best of him.

Comments

Post 36

Wowbagger

Shall remember all of this next time I'm browsing a good book store.

Key: Complain about this post