Everything is true...

Post 1

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Even false things?

Yes, even false things are true.

How can this be?

Don't ask me, man, I didn't do it!

smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish

Lovely article! I'm quite impressed with the thoroughness (sp?) of it. Have you learned to watch for 23 yet? And can you spot the fnords?

Everything is true...

Post 2

Reverend 'id'

Curiously enough, and this is a true story mind, I was driving along in Maine - I can't recall the highway - and ran across one of the most unusual 23's I've ever seen.

Perhaps you remember the Discordian Haiku:

I've never seen a purple cow.
I never hope to see one.
But I'll tell you this anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.

Well, on this highway there was a Purple Cow Resteraunt. Directly across the street, I saw in my double-take, was State Highway 23. Most disturbingly of all, this highway was not on my map.

One of these days I'll have to go back and make sure that I wasn't inhaling Datura pollen on the road or something.

Rev. David 'id' Bills

P.S. I'm glad you're impressed. The Guide staff refuses to make my entry official. Blast.

Everything is true...

Post 3

Well, darn them! I love your Purple Cow story, BTW. If you do go back, take a picture and post it so that I can see. smiley - smiley

Everything is true...

Post 4

Suzerain

then, as well, it is an ill mind that blows no wind.

Everything is true...

Post 5

Reverend 'id'

As an addendum to this post, the Discordian Haiku is an adopted poem by Ogden Nash.

Which is copyrighted, in case anyone wanted to quote it.

Everything is true...

Post 6

We shall have to remember to credit Mr Nash then. smiley - winkeye

G7

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more