A Conversation for Neil Gaiman's Sandman

Speaking of Neil Gaiman

Post 1

G3ntle

Has anyone here read "American Gods" yet. I mention this because it loosely ties into The Sandman through the Norse panthenon that he uses in both.

Speaking of Neil Gaiman

Post 2

Minifig Thom

No, is it any good?

I thought Smoke and Mirrors, Stardust and Good Omens were all fantastic.
thomsmiley - witch

Speaking of Neil Gaiman

Post 3

Kurgan

Has anyone read Neil's latest spinoff book about Lucifer?

Is it any good?

Speaking of Neil Gaiman

Post 4

stella x

Yes have read "American Gods" - its bloody good - almost as tho' he's taken another step up, fulfilled another chunk of the potential one always believed to be there.

Those gods reappear because they're actual gods. Or at least actual faiths.

Would reccomend A G to all.

Best love,

Stella X.

Speaking of Neil Gaiman

Post 5

GraceK

I've read 'American Gods' and thoroughly enjoyed it. It takes off from an idea explored in the Sandman series - that gods only exist so long as people believe in them. One thing you will either find annoying or fun is identifying the various gods that our 'hero' meets along the way - it's a usual Gaiman thing but made more difficult as this book lacks pictures. I found www.pantheon.org very handy for narrowing them down.

Hope that helps.

Speaking of Neil Gaiman

Post 6

Nate

I thought American Gods was brilliant. Gaiman back on form

Speaking of Neil Gaiman

Post 7

GTBacchus

Also speaking of Neil Gaiman, he's mentioned in some rather funny song lyrics at

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more