A Conversation for The Feline and Fiddle

British Grand Prix

Post 1

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

So the weather forecast is predicting rain, that should make it an interesting race... I'm voting for Schumi's again though I'm not sure about DC as he always wins here smiley - smiley
*smug as she's not staying in a tent in the rain this year*

British Grand Prix

Post 2

Menza

*Gets ear defenders ready incase of excessive squealing*

British Grand Prix

Post 3

IanG

So presumably you're setting off now, in order to actually get there in time, given the delays caused by what last year's rain did to the car park?

British Grand Prix

Post 4

IanG

Menza, Tinkerbell asked me to pass on a message: she says she's wafting a HUGE Schumi hand 4 you 2.

Apparently you'll be so honoured.

British Grand Prix

Post 5

Menza

Hmmmm, well at least I didn't need the ear defenders. smiley - bigeyes

And I'm ashamed to say that I completely missed the whole thing due to not being at home for the weekend.

British Grand Prix

Post 6

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

None of it? But then you'll have missed my tv appearances smiley - winkeye

*grins*
Ear defenders weren't needed were they Ian? Even my squealing is no match for the noise of an F1 engine smiley - bigeyes
*wonders why they don't have a contented smile smilie*

British Grand Prix

Post 7

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

I thought that might be you, Tink! In front of one of the 'Murray Walker' tribute signs was it? Closely followed by a shot of Fergie poking Bernie in the riblets and driving him off with a horsey laugh.
Who was the good looking girl standing next to you? smiley - nahnah

British Grand Prix

Post 8

Menza

*feels lost*

British Grand Prix

Post 9

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins*
Wow, you spotted me through all those people, I'm amazed JW! I'm sure it was me behind the Murray banner though smiley - winkeye

British Grand Prix

Post 10

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Wasn't it nice of Shuey not to win and make history and steal the limelight and thunder on "Murray's Day" though.

Poor John Watson, one of the colour commentators for TSN (Canada). It was the 20th anniversay of his win at Silverstone, the very first for MacLaren ..and neither Ron Dennis nor Murray remembered. smiley - cry

Mind you it was also the fortieth anniversay of Bernie's first race.
He placed tenth in a sedan race there, July 15, 1961.

That Fergie seems a nice lady. Seems to be looking for a man big enought to poke. Tha's me.

British Grand Prix

Post 11

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*laughs*
Sadly I haven't watched the race coverage yet so I still have absolutely no idea what you're talking about but I'm sure Fergie thoroughly enjoyed not having a clue about motor racing and being gifted many hopsitality packages and the chance to meet all the f1 drivers...in fact all the corporate hospitality guests where just great...
*mutters quietly to herself*

British Grand Prix

Post 12

Mycroft

It looked to me like Ferrari weren't even trying to win, they just decided to use the race as a test run for their qualifying engine and happened to pick up 10 points while they were at it. I hope they're well stocked with valium at MacLaren smiley - smiley.

British Grand Prix

Post 13

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

Oy! Of course Ferrari were trying to win!
*thinks*
Oh wait, no you're right, had they have been trying they would have won, Schumi was just driving slowly so he could wave to all his fans and admire my Ferrari flag smiley - winkeye

British Grand Prix

Post 14

Bernie Risenfall

By my reckinin Ferrari had four engines in the top six or seven.
I'd say they 'won', but I bet Mika slept well that night.

British Grand Prix

Post 15

Mycroft

Of course he slept well: it's only a handful more races till retirement day smiley - winkeye

British Grand Prix

Post 16

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins*
Now now, he's still racing for next season smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post