A Conversation for Jaffa Cakes

Russian Jaffa Cakes

Post 1

Awix

Someone I know recently won some Jaffa Cakes at bingo. They were practically identical to the normal kind but the lettering on the box was in the Russian alphabet, they were blackcurrant or cherry instead of orangey, and they tasted foul. Anyone else encountered them?

Russian Jaffa Cakes

Post 2

Vashti

I came across Jaffa Cakes in Finland a couple of years ago. They had rather elaborate, high-class packaging as opposed to the cartoony British packets. As I recall they came in lemon, strawberry and lime, but not the holy orange.

I didn't try them.

Russian Jaffa Cakes

Post 3

wonder-miekie

In Holland they have Jaffa Cakes called 'Pims'
They come in cherry-flavour as well as in orange
I admit that I don't know what they taste like though...

Russian Jaffa Cakes

Post 4

AgProv4

Having been brought up on the British version and having even spent a time on the manufacturing lines at McVities, it was a surprise to see various continental brands and to realise - as in so many other things - the British might have invented them but other people do it better. Belgian Jaffas, for instance, have an orange jelly that occupies the whole upper surface of the cake - not just a vague blob in the middle, this goes to the rim around the whole circumference. And being Belgian - the chocolate is infinitely superior. No comparison.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more