This is the Message Centre for Nick O`Teen

Late Lunch

Post 1

Nick O`Teen

What with having the whole day off today, I think I'll go across the street to Two Parrots and enjoy a delicious Guilt Burger. I shall return presently.

Late Lunch

Post 2

Frizzychick

You have the day off, do you Nick? I never would have guessed smiley - smiley

Late Lunch

Post 3

Frizzychick

Correct me if I've got this wrong... you have the day off - but were surfing around h2g2 at 8am?

Have you checked into one of the many addiction clinics around this place? smiley - bigeyes

Late Lunch

Post 4

Nick O`Teen

Well, I went to bed early wednesday night, which is odd, because I normally don't do that when I have to work the next day. Possibly because I wanted an early start to my day off. smiley - smiley

So I woke up early, as expected, made coffee, started watching TV, and there wasn't much on, so I thought I'd surf for a while. But I'm lying on my couch and my laptop is over on my desk, so I went into my closet and pulled out the box that my subwoofer was originally packeged in and set it up as a little table right in front of the couch. Then I put my laptop there. This way, I could lie on my couch, watch TV, drink coffee and surf all at the same time (Oh, Bliss).

Anyway, I surfed around a bit and then settled in at H2G2. What a day that was. smiley - smiley

Late Lunch

Post 5

Frizzychick

Is that what's called multi-tasking?

Late Lunch

Post 6

Nick O`Teen

Well, 'single-processor' multi-tasking, yes. smiley - smiley

Late Lunch

Post 7

Frizzychick

Oh, you always have to go one better than me, don't you? smiley - smiley

Are you going to be around later tonight (i.e. past midnight my time?)

Late Lunch

Post 8

Nick O`Teen

Oh, undoubtedly so. I just picked up a DDD CD of Beethoven's Ninth (Nikolaus Hanoncourt), and I'm eager to give it a spin. Also picked up some Mozart, but I'm more excited about the Beethoven at the moment. smiley - smiley

Late Lunch

Post 9

Frizzychick

Good good good, nice to hear.

'Dazed and Confused' has just started so I think I shall give that a watch and shall be back hear later. (about an hour and a half or something like that) - hope to cath you then,

Frizz

(ooh, classical - dead posh)

Late Lunch

Post 10

Frizzychick

Appalling spelling mistakes / typos - please accept my abject apologies.

Hubert.

Late Lunch

Post 11

Nick O`Teen

Oh dear, excuse time for Nick. I'm afraid I wasn't actually around when I said I'd be. No sooner had I got home from work than my brother showed up to watch the hockey game (Canucks won again, yay), and then I got a call from work and had to telecommute for the next hour or so (and will likely have to spend more time on the problem over the weekend off and on). So, I got a bit tied up. Now it's just after midnight, my brother has left, and only now have I finally managed to listen to my new CD.

I would have loved to chat. You seemed in such a chipper mood today and all. Perhaps later today (Saturday)?

Late Lunch

Post 12

Frizzychick

Go Canucks Go - my soccer team are bound to lose today - I have sort of stopped checking the results and fixtures as the last time I looked they hadn't won a game in 8 matches - oops smiley - sadface

I shall undoubtably be popping up here during the day and evening - catch you later smiley - smiley

Late Lunch

Post 13

Nick O`Teen

The Canucks came within a single game of winning the Stanley Cup and since then I've had to put up with them not making the playoffs and finishing in the bloody basement. It's about time they started doing well for a change.

Oh, and despite being 34, I've still got both eyes. smiley - smiley

Late Lunch

Post 14

Frizzychick

What did that last bit mean, exactly?

Late Lunch

Post 15

Nick O`Teen

I was poking fun at my age in a silly manner. smiley - smiley

I should have mentioned that the Canucks came within a single game of winning the Stanley cup back in the 1993/94 season. Since then, feh.

Late Lunch

Post 16

Frizzychick

The Alex didn't lose today - because they didn't play (the only time when they are safe from humiliating defeat) - and I still don't get the eye thing - am I being more than usually daft?

(sub-plot to that last bit "or is it just really lame?") smiley - smiley

(Oh dear, aren't I in a playful mood today...)

Late Lunch

Post 17

Nick O`Teen

I'll explain, and then you can decide whether it was funny at the time or just daft. You know how some people lose their hair when they get older (sometimes other things as well)? Well...

There, now you must get it. Isn't it stupid? smiley - smiley

Late Lunch

Post 18

Frizzychick

So you're saying that although you are quite old (hee hee) you still have both eyes - but are actually as bald as a coot?

Late Lunch

Post 19

Nick O`Teen

I _could_ be bald. I mean, how would you know? Just how bald is a 'coot', anyway? smiley - smiley

Late Lunch

Post 20

Frizzychick

maybe you could grow your one eyebrow so it's really long, and then comb it over your ambiguous baldness.

OK - states of baldness :

a. a touch receding - your forehead mysteriously reaches further back thatn it used to - but there is generally hair everywhere else

b. a bit of a bald patch - normal hair , but the beginnings of a slightly thinning patch over the crown - nothing you can't ignore - you can't see it anyway.

c. going bald - a combination of a. and b. - offereing that crux of cut it short and flaunt it or grow it long and become captain Three-Strands

d. as bald as a coot - absolutely no hair at all - totally bald. Not quite sure where the expression comes from, but that's what it means.

And I wouldn't know if you were bald or had a flowing head full of hair - do you think it important?

Key: Complain about this post