A Conversation for Kilts

Kilts

Post 1

MikeG

Kilts were 'invented' by a couple of Poles in Edinburgh 200 years ago as part of a Marketing Initiative.... not something the Scottish Tourist Board would really like to be discussed I'm sure..

Kilts

Post 2

Researcher 40085

I believe it was the complex and exhaustive system of clan tartans that was invented 'recently'. The kilt itself has been around for a while longer...

Kilts

Post 3

Haggis McHaggis

Kilts, my unimformed friend, were invented by Cedrik Jock Mchaggis of the Ancient and Royal Clan McHaggis, over 4,000 years ago in the village of Aberdeen. The Clan McHaggis still has a remnant of that original Kilt (or Kalgrovenalt as it was known in those days,) and it can be viewed in the McHaggis ancestral hut in The district of Tillydrone near Aberdeen village. All tourists are made welcome. Especially rich American ones.

Kilts

Post 4

Jim

Not surprised the Clan Mchaggis still has a remnant of the original kilt...typical of Aberdonians never throwing anything away!smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more